Why become a member? ×

Old Brass 4 String Bridge:road-worn....!
£15

No idea what make this is: was on my Telecaster Bass  when I bought it but is not standard. As you can see 2 of the  intonation screws have been replaced but it is a good solid bridge if you are looking for functionality rather than pristine looks.... but it is set up  only for 'string through' body attachment.

Telebridge.jpg

Edited by yorks5stringer

• 3 weeks later...

This design does appear on 1980-ish Korean basses like that Satellite, but before that they were used on high-end MIJ basses from Yamaki Gakki - you'll find them on Wasburns & Daions. The fact it's brass suggests this is from an older MIJ bass, as do the remaining allen key intonation screws.

b20bridge.jpg

Edited by Bassassin
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, binky_bass said:

20170910_093705.thumb.jpg.4e9da9407e33a555b498f3a6da6b4664.jpg

Oh wow - that takes me back. I  had one of these with the exact same bridge and bass was finished exactly the same too.  Shame about the necks.  Looked good though and neck through IIRC

Edited by fleabag

It was a neck through indeed, I bough this of a chap from this forum unfortunately it suffered extensive postage damage and arrived with a snapped truss, broken head stock and several other issues... non the fault of the seller! Shame as it was going to be a good project! Though the dark wood is disappointingly just a stain over cheap bass wood.

Good bridge though! ;)

I had one of those Satellites - interestingly mine wasn't string-through and just had a bog-standard BBOT (instead of bogseat saddles).

The bass looked cool but weighed about six tons, and the neck was a treetrunk. Maya/El Maya did a lovely neckthgough P type, always had a bit of GAS for one of them.