Why become a member? ×

New here - Intro

John T

Hi all...

A quick hello form me....Basschat was recommended to me from a bass player friend. 

Iv'e been a drummer since the 80's, but all that bashing stuff about for years has taken it's toll.....

Tendonitis and arthritis amongst other un-drum friendly ailments have forced my decision to quit the skins.

So.....I'm not quitting music, just how i make it and on what. 

Bass has been a close relation for pretty much all my musical life....After all we play together right!.  It has been something i tinkered with as a second instrument but i didn't really give it any real consideration as drums have always been my 'thing'....All this is changing

My musical tastes are wide and varied , The Beatles, Deep Purple, Rush, Floyd, Zepp were my earliest inspirations in the 60's/70's, and i guess still are part of my musical make-up.....Loved the 70's soul/funk scene mainly because of the bass players. I'm mainly rock oriented though, whichever form it comes...if i like it, i err, like it!

I have a Yamaha TRB1004NT for some time now, had a Squier jazz for a while and a Spector Legend 5 which was nice but the 5 string wasn't really working for me and i recently sold my Yamaha TRBX504.

I still go back to the 1004 as it is such a nice instrument and iv'e yet to own anything that sounds half as good. Hoping a Sandberg TM4 will fix this when the right one appears.

I have a studio in the garden from a converted garage where i spend most of my time writing/composing/recording etc etc....

I live in North Warwickshire with my long suffering partner and our little boy 'Jack' who isn't my biological son....He's a canine!.

Thanks for listening and for those of you that haven't nodded off reading this i'll close now before i do!

Regards

John

Thanks...Bass is a natural side step for me as a 'musical' drummer...... Now there's a novelty,  'drummer' and 'musical' in the same sentence. Literally very drummer in the 60's 70's and even some in the 80's were musical, they had to be. Now there are drummers that cant even spell 'musical'.....

Guitar is something i would liked to have tried from day one had i not picked up a pair of sticks.....Now as my fingers get more accustomed to bass strings i occasionally pick up one of my buddy's Ibanez guitars when we are putting something together in the studio and the strings are like razorblades!...

Edited by John T