Why become a member? ×

Gillett Guitars

Gillett Guitars

Unless I'm mistaken I think it must have been Mike at the Cambridge folk festival a year or so back. I was luck enough to try one or 2 of these. They're really nice.

Richie Blake talks some total cr@p in his demos though. I don't know if to get angry or laugh.

Good luck in the marketing and thanks for supporting BC

On 06/12/2017 at 08:24, Grangur said:

Unless I'm mistaken I think it must have been Mike at the Cambridge folk festival a year or so back. I was luck enough to try one or 2 of these. They're really nice.

Richie Blake talks some total [email protected] in his demos though. I don't know if to get angry or laugh.

Good luck in the marketing and thanks for supporting BC

Looks lovely.

What an absolute waste of 4 minutes though. Play the effing thing!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gillett Guitars said:

" Looks lovely."

Thanks fretmeister - not that I can claim any credit for that.  It's even better when you see it up close 'in the wood'.

The forearm cutaway is worth on it's own! 

I've already expressed at length how I think there are great basses, and I am a fan.  Had I the cash right now, I'd be snappping off your hand for  one of your cut price Cuntour S's.

However I now cannot unsee that the headstock reminds me of Mr Greedy:

latest?cb=20090711074402latest?cb=20170519093154

Edited by Tonteee
Sitcky B key... :0
  • Like 2

We've just got an early Xmas present! The Contour is one of 5 instruments cited in the 'Best Acoustic Basses' category of Bass Guitar Magazine's 'Gear of the Year' round-up for 2017.  According to the citation:

"...the tones can't be denied."

The Contour is the only electro-acoustic bass guitar to be selected from the premium £1500-plus price bracket.

We're well chuffed with that!

Edited by Gillett Guitars
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Gillett Guitars said:

We've just got an early Xmas present! The Contour is one of 5 instruments cited in the 'Best Acoustic Basses' category of Bass Guitar Magazine's 'Gear of the Year' round-up for 2017.  According to the citation:

"...

the tones can't be denied."

The Contour is the only electro-acoustic bass guitar to be selected from the premium £1500-plus price bracket.

We're well chuffed with that!

Congratulations!!!!

• 1 month later...

image.jpeg.11c73b0ad3a9eaa79e24291186e14f50.jpeg

The Gillett Contour has been cited as best electro-acoustic bass in the premium £1500-plus price bracket in Bass Guitar Magazine’s best bass gear round-up for 2017.

The magazine reviewed a 5-string fretted variant of the Contour earlier in the year and praised the build quality, ergonomic design and outstanding performance.

Here’s what they said about the 5-string Standard they reviewed:

“For the best part of three grand (prices from £2200 - see * below), you’d expect exquisite production and precision engineering at every single construction point, and we’re pleased to say that as far as we can detect, the Contour is flawless.  The whole instrument is a lesson in high-quality construction.”

“… the ingenious chamfering of the body has to be experienced to be believed.  The ‘Wrist Valley’ at the top is a stroke of genius.”

“It’s clearly a beautifully-made, carefully-designed instrument and in use it delivers a performance appropriate for its price tag.”

“… a super-friendly 31.5” scale…”

“… the tones can’t be denied.”

*Contour price range:  Contour S 4 (slim-line body) — £2200; Standard 4 — £2400; Standard 5 — £2650

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Those of you who are attending the London Bass Guitar Show the weekend after next and haven't yet got tickets may wish to use the following exhibitor code to get a 20% discount:

EXGILLET20

If you're buying tickets online at http://www.londonbassguitarshow.com/ you just need to enter the code to get your 20% off.

Sorry this is somewhat late but I didn't organise our exhibit at the show and didn't know about the discount!

Hope to see you there - our stand number is A0.

Scrumpymike

• 2 weeks later...

MET OFFICE ALERT -  SEVERE WEATHER HITS GILLETT STAND A0!!

So, what am I doing at home posting this when I should be on the M4 heading for London Olympia?  No prizes for answering that one!  Having enjoyed the best winter weather of just about anywhere in the country, we've been bitten on the bum by the heavy snow that's hit Somerset over the last 24 hours.  The van with our stand is snowed in - as am I, Michael G and our Product Engineer Simon Austen at our respective homes.  So, this morning has been an exercise in damage limitation   The good news is that the show management have been able to build us a plain shell-scheme stand to replace our own wonderful (and expensive) creation and we're planning/hoping to travel tomorrow morning and be on the stand before lunch-time.  In the meantime, we have to get close enough to the stranded van by car to enable the driver to load the stuff we need for the show (e.g. some basses!) on to his kids' sledges and meet us - I kid you not!!

Luckily our friendly bass pro Freddie Draper (he lives in London) will be on our stand around opening time with his own bass and hopefully the couple of combos we're borrowing from Ashdown.  He'll be holding the fort until we arrive so, if you're passing, be sure to say hi to him - and give him a pat on the back!

Scrumpymike

• ped unlocked this topic