Why become a member? ×

Stone Temple Pilots

Grassie

They've bagged themselves a new singer, a former X-Factor USA contestant no less, but don't let that put you off. The guy has the chops to commemorate Scott Weiland's legacy, and has his own thing going on too. I hope they do really well with him, if ever a band deserves a new start, it's this lot.

Oh, and Robert DeLeo has bagged himself a new bass too - a Nelson custom PJ. Never heard of 'em. ;)

DOo4ncFWkAE7Kkg.jpg:large

• Like 1

Good to see some positive vibes for STP from everyone. Most of the other opinions I've read are very positive - people seem to be willing them on to do well, probably because they had such a torrid time wih SW. They are my favourite rock band of all time and Scott was the last of the great frontmen IMO. Robert is also my favourite rock bassist, such a groover, and that band are just untouchable when they are at their best. ?

• Like 1

great news.

I've lost count of the number of people that say they don't know any of their songs, then when I put their greatest hits CD on, they know most of them but didn't know it was STP. I was one of them hehe

De Leo is an awesome melodic bassist,maybe the most under-rated?

cheers for sharing this

• Like 1

Robert DeLeo - one of my all time favourite bass players. Kind of like a 90s alternative rock James Jamerson. Just check out the bass lines to 'Sour Girl' and 'Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart', you'll see what I mean. It's just a shame he seems to have had a rather odd looking Hollywood face-lift of some sort...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, EdLib-3 said:

Robert DeLeo - one of my all time favourite bass players. Kind of like a 90s alternative rock James Jamerson. Just check out the bass lines to 'Sour Girl' and 'Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart', you'll see what I mean. It's just a shame he seems to have had a rather odd looking Hollywood face-lift of some sort...

Worth posting this then. I think it's up on BC in another thread, but for those unaware... :)

• Like 1

Another big fan and I am thrilled they have found a way to keep going. They wrote some fantastic tunes and it would have been a shame to just stop because of Scott. Rob is a superb player and has always been great to listen to, he can be so busy but it just works so well.

From what I have managed to find out, I think the bass is made by their guitar tech, I believe he also made his brothers telecaster.

• Like 1

Bit of a fan early on, liked the first album & absolutely loved Purple. Saw them on that tour ('95?) and thought they were the best live band I'd ever seen.

On later, sober reflection, I concluded that while they'd been a powerful & polished band who represented their recorded work admirably, my excessive enthusiasm might well have been linked to a sneaky tab of MDMA which had somehow found its way into my system.

Well - it was 1995. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bassassin said:

Bit of a fan early on, liked the first album & absolutely loved Purple. Saw them on that tour ('95?) and thought they were the best live band I'd ever seen.

On later, sober reflection, I concluded that while they'd been a powerful & polished band who represented their recorded work admirably, my excessive enthusiasm might well have been linked to a sneaky tab of MDMA which had somehow found its way into my system.

Well - it was 1995. :)

It was 1994 (if it was UK tour I saw)...somehow’ you lost a year :crazy:

Edited by Chiliwailer