Why become a member? ×

Strandberg - somethings cooking - boden bass

winterfire666

6 minutes ago, eude said:

Regardless of cost, I've heard the ergonomics of the bass just aren't very good.
The whole scaling up the guitar design thing doesn't usually work all that well, and I think these Strandbergs are a classic example, made all the worse by the longer low strings.

Given how much effort and thought has gone into the design of the guitars, I found their basses really disappointing, pretty lazy really.

I only ever saw a handful of pros using them on social media, using all the right hashtags for a couple of months, and now they're gone, straight back to the instruments they used before.

I don't doubt Strandberg could come up with something special for the bass world, but I think they're going to have to make more of an effort...

Eude

I actually really enjoyed the prototype model I played at the Guitar show, it played really nicely and finish was good. The two I subsequently tried at guitarguitar in Birmingham were not good at all, poor QC and generally didn't feel great to play.