Why become a member? ×

greetings from across the pond

BrianVengeance

Was lured out by the rap thread, so I figured I'd make an official introduction. :D

Have been playing off and on for the better part of two decades, mostly guitar, bass and vocals. Stuck with bass for most of it, and have done a few stints playing in bands of varying levels of (mostly low) success. Have a pretty hefty arsenal of bass gear: MIA Jazz, Stingray 4H, G&L SB-1, Peavey Foundation, MIM Jazz Deluxe 5, Mesa D800+ through a pair of Bergantino NV115s, Fender Super Bassman through a pair of Orange OBC115s. Predominantly play heavier styles, and have recently re-embraced the pick.

Also have a fair amount of studio gear, and will be starting proper guitar lessons after the new year. Not good at fighting GAS, as indicated by recently picking up a Marshall 1960 stack for a song, which has rekindled the urge to practice the skinny strings. I'm also convinced that my pedals are breeding when I'm not looking.

Follow F1 and MotoGP fairly religiously, and am making an effort to start watching EPL and rugby - willing to take any pointers for either of those (asking for a friend).

Aside from that, looking forward to the Grand Tour starting back up and I'm hoping someone can explain why BBCA in 'murka seems to only play Star Trek: the Next Generation on loop.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Welcome Brian.  Cool screen name.  Have you met @PaulWarning?

I sympathise about BBCA.  You are lucky though.  Domestic BBC news is rammed with news of the Royal engagement.  It ceased being news the day after the announcement.  I'm happy for them and all but I think the news is compromised somewhat by their obsession.

I suppose you get all that TNG repetition because it's got Patrick Stuart in it.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! 

@SpondonBassed haven’t met Mr Warning yet. :D 

I would imagine that the wedding is taking up a ton of cycle time - not sure if I’d consider this side lucky regarding news though. At least not with the current crop of muppets we have making policy and the division of reporting on it. 

Sir Patrick on ST:TNG sounds reasonable enough, though I wish they’d branch out a bit more. Had a nice run of Top Gear a while back, but it isn’t exactly a gateway for cultural import when they play American shows. :D