Why become a member? ×

NBD: Music Man Caprice

disssa

1 hour ago, disssa said:

Here some pics and infos of my new Music Man: Klick

mm_caprice_01.jpg

Probably just me being picky, but if I was laying down that sort of folding stuff on a bass I'd want the strings to line up a bit better with the pickup polepieces.

Lovely colour though.

17 hours ago, Rich said:

Probably just me being picky, but if I was laying down that sort of folding stuff on a bass I'd want the strings to line up a bit better with the pickup polepieces.

Lovely colour though.

Thing is, it's really just a visual aesthetic and likely has any effect on the tone.  (If they're all manufactured this way, they're all going to sound pretty much the same, so you're not going to have a reference point anyway.)

Also, didn't MM just bring out a 4-string Stingray with A 5-string pickup in it?

• Like 1

I've played a couple of these (one in Wunjos and another in Music Street in Huntingdon) and loved them. Especially the neck, which I found surprising since I thought I did not get on with vintage radius necks and preferred flatter boards.. until I played this.

On 01/12/2017 at 13:49, Rich said:

Lovely colour though.

They are symmetrical if you look closely, no one makes pickups with different poles to suit different nut width, fingerboard width, bridge spacings and then the infinite positions you place the pickup under tapering together strings. Plain covers is the only solution.

48 minutes ago, stingrayPete1977 said:

They are symmetrical if you look closely, no one makes pickups with different poles to suit different nut width, fingerboard width, bridge spacings and then the infinite positions you place the pickup under tapering together strings. Plain covers is the only solution.

Or those pickups with long bars in them.....?

They make their own pickups though, so could make them whatever size they wanted to... but even so, they could improve the P pup as-is by just moving the two halves a couple of mm closer to each other.

Edited by dannybuoy