Why become a member? ×

The Rap Thread (new title for an old thread).

Mykesbass

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
17 hours ago, nilorius said:

Live songs with rap must always have the very proper band playing and the vocal has to think about the txt a lot. Otherwise it's a crap. I like how RHCP uses rap in their songs.

Whereas I love the way a lot of rap artists work like musical magpies, uncovering, or rediscovering great music for new generations. Eminem bringing Labi Siffre and even Chas & Dave to a wider audience is a great example.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I prefer rap when it's fused with other genres such as jazz. Because I'm not much of a rap or lyrics guy, I need some extra spice added to the instrumentals to make it more interesting for me.

Artists that may be seen as rap that I enjoy include: Gang Starr(as mentioned by OP), Guru(particulary his Jazzmattazz albums), US3,  Jazz Liberatorz, Fun Lovin' criminals.

I love this one by FLC, the sax gives it a very jazzy and mellow vibe

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TheLowDown said:

I prefer rap when it's fused with other genres such as jazz. Because I'm not much of a rap or lyrics guy, I need some extra spice added to the instrumentals to make it more interesting for me.

Artists that may be seen as rap that I enjoy include: Gang Starr(as mentioned by OP), Guru(particulary his Jazzmattazz albums), US3,  Jazz Liberatorz, Fun Lovin' criminals.

I love this one by FLC, the sax gives it a very jazzy and mellow vibe

Try this if you haven't already heard it:

• Like 1

• Mykesbass changed the title to The Rap Thread (new title for an old thread).