Why become a member? ×

Tribute Bands aren't taking anyone's gigs.....

Bilbo

I really like seeing a good tribute band - they are often as good as the real thing, and can be seen locally for relatively low cost, at venues that don't charge you £4 for a small bottle of water. I also enjoy playing with them - I was 'Keef' for a year, and have depped on bass with tributes to Dire Straits and Slade.

3 hours ago, Paul S said:

Bilbo  - what is the air like up there atop your ivory tower?  I get an idea of the view from what you post.:D

My weekly Jazz East events are about 200 yards up the beach. I can actually see the Spa venue although it is usually in darkness when we are playing. The punters won't go there on a Sunday because the Jazz is so good ;-) 

3 hours ago, Paul S said:

Bilbo  - what is the air like up there atop your ivory tower?  I get an idea of the view from what you post.:D

My weekly Jazz East events are about 200 yards up the beach. I can actually see the Spa venue although it is usually in darkness when we are playing. The punters won't go there on a Sunday because the Jazz is so good and they hate to miss it ;-) oh. and our gig is free entry whereas the Spa is expensive. 

Ps I did a 'Brief History of Jazz' night a couple of weeks ago. Got a Herbie Hancock tribute lined up (one gig) next week. It's all good,  even if it's a bit stinky poo. :-D 

37 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

Ps I did a 'Brief History of Jazz' night a couple of weeks ago. Got a Herbie Hancock tribute lined up (one gig) next week. It's all good,  even if it's a bit stinky poo. :-D 

:D

Anyway, anyone who thinks the Bon Jovi puns are finished please Raise Your Hands.

Have a Nice Day!