Why become a member? ×

December Cover Song Challenge - GET WRITING!

Skol303

I've got one almost done. I'm quite pleased with it so far. It's my own take on what I believe to a popular and current theme. I was listening to the "source" of the theme recently and I was heading sounds throughout that were similar to the ones I chose for this so I'm happy! I'm hoping to finish it this week as I just need to tweak the ending so that it leads up to something.

I have got 3 generations of vocal on mine,  lurksalittle loves it so far and I nearly whizzed myself on the first family run through . 

I am waiting on some detailed feedback from my lad as he is more familiar with the genre, and as he 'sang' it , I think it fair. 

xD

Ed to add  , I've been given 1 suggestion which is worth following up on , so I'll do that in the morning and get the thing published , I can start Christmas after that :$

Edited by lurksalot

OK the feedback was fine , so I can offer up for you .....  Wheels (OTB)  from the family Lurks 

If I listen critically there are still plenty of the production that could do with more expert a touch than I can offer, but overall the effect is what we had hoped for 

Please enjoy  

Happy Christmas to you all :drinks:

I can get back to organising ours now 

On 12/14/2017 at 22:20, christofloffer said:

ok, i got something in this time. sorry for being quite absent recently, been struggling with music recently. so the quality of this is really quite poor but its just not going to get any better so its in as it is. 

Thats really quite cool , I enjoyed that 

6 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

The original post mentioned the possibility of prizes. Any update on this?

Ped is on the case and trying to sort something out, but no promises.

Traditionally it’s been t-shirts but we can’t guarantee sizes/availability this year.

I’ll let you all know once confirmed either way.

Ok I'm in! And I think this is my first entry into the Composition Challenge this year. Well it feels nice to be back at least :)

It's a cover of 3AM by Thundercat, from the album 'Drunk'... probably my favourite of 2017. Bass, guitar and vocals by yours truly. Drums, Rhodes and piano written in MIDI. All recorded and mixed in Reason.

The synth-like solo at the end is actually a fretless bass run through the Scream plug-in with a funky envelope filter going on. Mostly to help disguise by crappy intonation... but I liked how it sounded, so it stayed.

I'll be winding up the entries and launching the voting at midnight on Christmas eve :santa:

...then taking on the Santa duties for the two Skol Jnrs. That Santa guy never seems to pull his weight around here. I'm calling the damned Union.