Why become a member? ×

The most musically talented musician of all time

Toddy17

Just been soul searching, and wanted your opinion,, just listened to some Hendrix,,and still in love with some Mcartney stuff,,,not my bag ,but Elton is a world class musician,,,guess the classical guys, but if you had one shot,,who is the most musically talented man of all time?,,,just for giggles..

• Sad 1

Franz Schubert was thirty-two when he died, having completed seven symphonies, over six hundred songs and a whole bunch of other major works. I'll admit to not having listened to it all, but of what I have, there's not much dross in there. Most of his stuff is still being played by top musicians to this day, and is unlikely to fade away. Just sayin'. B|

• Thanks 2

There are so many, and talent manifests itself in a myriad of ways. I would argue that having the ability to spend thousands of hours practicing and learning is a demonstration of talent?

In the past as now there have been phenomenally talented youngsters from all walks of life. Haydn was the youngest of 20 children and was destined for a life as a boot maker.

I'd say maybe Mozart.