Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Trace Elliot SMX 250 Rack mounted amp head
£275

funkydoug

Hi folks,

SOLD NOW.

going through a bit of a cleanse here so this wonderful amp is being sold. It is in very good clean condition and works perfectly. I've used it only very lightly but enough to know that it sounds awesome and is potently loud. 

It is the 250w RMS amp (at 4ohms), features the glorious tube preamp (blendable with the solid state one), 12 band eq with speaker-saving red knob,  plus the dual-band and eq-tilting SMX compressor. Don't let the 250w power rating fool you, these are the magical Trace Elliot Watts which seem to defy the laws of physics. It is beastly loud!

I'm selling as I am not gigging at the moment and want to fund studio time.

20171114_113647.thumb.jpg.76806ac19b78762b256c2f762469c70f.jpg

More pics are here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gNoFxPMZRrskEpRIMkE4vPpoboBnNB9o 

If any one looks at the pics and is wondering ... the little red things that can be seen at the back are Rawl plugs! They are there just there to provide a little bit of support to the amp at the back. The amp is designed to be mounted by the rack ears so they are technically redundant but I wedged them in there to provide a bit of 'suspension' at the back! Easy to remove if you want to.

In terms of the price.

I am looking for £200 for the amp head itself.

£75 for the immaculate and GREEN flight case.

That gives you a nicely racked head for £275, or you can buy either item separately.

Postage in the UK is fine but is at your expense. 

Thanks, Doug.

Edited by funkydoug