Why become a member? ×

MusicMan Reflex 4H - SOLD
£1200

eneade

For sale this Music Man Reflex 4 made in 2010. This is really a nice bass that sounds great (and huge) but I have just bought a Mike Lull and I have to make choices ...

reservee-musicman-reflex-2062132.jpg?151

This is a rather rare bass that is no longer produced. For the story, MusicMan had released the 25th Anniversary series with this particular shape and with substantial prices. These basses had a mahogany tone block and a flamed maple top with a transparent red finish. After that, they made the Reflex, which is the same bass except that the maple top is not figured and the bass is painted. I checked in the neck pocket and there is the mahogany tone block and the maple top.

Caracteristics :
- Ash body with mahogany tone block and maple top
- Quartersawn maple neck, quite unusual for MusicMan
- 4-band preamp : bass, low mid, high mid, treble, 18V (derived from the Bongo 5)
- Single humbucker (like a Stingray)
- Serial / parallel switch
- Active / passive switch with passive tone

The neck is similar to a Stingray and is straight with a low action. The truss rod operates as it should. Thanks to the ultralight tuners, the bass is very well balanced (weight: 4.2 Kgs / 9,25 lbs). Apart from a ding on the edge, the bass is in excellent condition.

The bass is located in France and comes in its original Musicman hardcase.
Price: £1200 £1100. For shipment just ask for a quote with your country, zip code and city.

reservee-musicman-reflex-2062134.jpg?151

reservee-musicman-reflex-2062135.jpg?151

reservee-musicman-reflex-2062136.jpg?151

reservee-musicman-reflex-2062138.jpg?151

reservee-musicman-reflex-2062133.jpg?151

reservee-musicman-reflex-2062141.jpg?151

reservee-musicman-reflex-2062143.jpg?151

reservee-musicman-reflex-2092361.jpg?151

reservee-musicman-reflex-2092445.jpg?151

Edited by eneade
Sold

• 2 weeks later...

I have been asked a picture of the neck pocket showing the ash / mahogany tone bloc and maple top so here it is :

reservee-musicman-reflex-2092361.jpg?151

I have checked the truss rod and it's at the beginning of the tightening and turns freely ;-)

Edited by eneade