Why become a member? ×

sold- PJB M-500
£750

sselterf

If you're looking at this, I assume you'll know the "velvet hammer". 
This is the description as per the Phil Jones Bass website:
"Serious power in a small package!
Although it may look small make no mistake about it – the PJS M-500 is a very high performance bass amp. In addition to its incredible power, the sound quality is as good or better than many high-end audio amplifiers used in expensive hi-fi systems or studio monitor systems yet was designed from the ground up to stand up to the hard work of any serious musician.
The M-500 is high-powered compact bass head that that can deliver over 700 watts of pure, clean power. The ultra-clean pre-amp features a Parametric EQ as well as a 12-band graphic EQ to offer precise control of your tone – while the built-in 3:1 compressor offers control of your instrument’s dynamics without robbing it of its precious tone."
Specs:
Power Output (RMS) 720 W/2Ω, 480 W/4Ω, 280 W/8Ω
12-BAND Graphic EQ
2 x Input (Passive, Active), Line-In, Volume Pedal,Headphone
2 x Speaker Out(8Ω/Speakon), 2 x Preamp Out, D.I. Out(GND Lift SW, Pre-Post)
Compressor&Limiter with On/Off Switch、FX Send/Return
Power 120 or 240V AC
Dimensions 16×12.5×5.5 inch / 407×318×140 mm (W x D x H)
Weight 41 Lbs / 18.5 Kg

Since I quit the band I don't need all that sonic headroom anymore, and my neighbors appreciate of a sale. Glad to ship.

Edited by sselterf
sold

• 2 weeks later...

Played a gig through one of these with 2 matching 8 x3 (?) cabs , mini fridges like in a vertical stack. Was bit "Meh" until I turned it up (on sound mans instructions I hasten to add :D) & it began to sing. Very smooth but very powerful, sounded huge despite the titchy speakers, enormous bass response, great bit of kit!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...