Why become a member? ×

Double Chorus vs. Anadime Bass Chorus

CRV

Hi!

I want to know what you think about two chorus pedals that I'm interested. I'm interested on the Double Chorus from Mr. Black and on the Anadime Bass Chorus (ABC-1) from Providence.

From these two, which one sounds better on bass and for what styles of music, in your opinion?

They have similar prices, from what I've seen. I also have checked some demos on youtube from both pedals.

Where I live it's more easy to find the Double Chorus but I think I like more the ABC-1 because of the "deep" toggle-switch.

What do you think of both pedals?

Thank you and best regards!

Only tried the Providence; I like it a lot but I haven't tried many chorus pedals to give a proper opinion. Mr Black is doing 40% off everything for Black Friday though!

https://mrblackpedals.com/collections/black-friday-specials/products/double-chorus

(Just remembered he does not ship overseas any more, but you could forward it with shipito.com and still probably make a saving over what it would cost over here)

Edited by dannybuoy

Hi dannybuoy. Thanks for the reply!

It's at a fantastic price (Where I live it costs 190€ brand new). Can you tell me how does shipito.com works?

As I said... I like the toggle-switch of the ABC-1 from Providence. Did you try it out (the toggle switch)? How does it sound when it is on the "deep" position? It has three modes, right? And less deep it's the down position, then there is the middle position and after that middle deep position, it has another one, which is even more deep (kind of space rock stuff eheh).

Thanks in advance!

(can you tell me when does the black friday promotion ends for Mr. Black pedals at their store?)

Edited by CRV
New question.

I keep the deep switch off as it tends to add a lot of noise. I prefer to use it as a more subtle effect and use a phaser when I want a deeper swirl!

With shipito they give you a US address to ship to, then for a $2 fee on top of the postage they will forward any parcel onto you. I've used it a couple of times, including a purchase from Mr Black! No idea when their promo ends but expect it will be any day now.

I understand. So, perhaps I should buy the Double Chorus. Maybe one day I'll have the oportunity to try the Providence.

By the way, I've registered myself in shipito just in case I need something from US. Now I'm trying to decide if I buy the pedal or not :/

Thanks for your answers!

The black friday it's over on mr. black website eheh...

I guess I'll have to hang on a little more with my chorus pedal (it's a Boss Bass Chorus, by the way) :/ It was the first pedal that I bought!

Do you have a chorus pedal on your pedalboard? If you do, can you tell me what the brand and model?

Where are you based?  The best thing to do with a Chorus is go to a big shop and try a few. It's not like a Sub or a Comp where you need to really crank it to hear what it does. FWIW, I didn't like the Boss one either and settled on an MXR BCD. It's not cheap, but it's a dual Chorus/Flanger with a useful X-Over and I think it sounds great. As far as non-boutique goes, it's highly regarded. 

I'm in Lisbon, Portugal. I already been at a shop from here and tried the Double Chorus and I liked the effect. The MXR pedal you talk about it's the Bass Deluxe Chorus, right? I never tried it out but it's not difficult to try it because I know at least one store that has (or had) in stock, so I will try to test the MXR. Thanks for your sugestion.

Lots of bassists use the MXR Analog Chorus or the Zak Wylde version too, since it has the same lo and hi filters as the Boss CE-5, which let you roll off the high end from your dry signal and the low end from the chorus signal.

Just try as many as you can, most guitar shops have tons of them and you don’t need a bass specific one as even some of the guitar oriented ones mentioned above have bass friendly features.

Hi! I haven't had much time to log in, but thanks for the reply. I didn't know about the MXR Black Label Chorus (it's the Zakk Wilde version). I will try to find those pedals and test them in a store.

Do you know if there is any difference between both? They seem to have the same knobs with the same functions.

I've tested the MXR Analog Chorus last weekend and I've liked it. It's more subtle than the Mr. Black Double Chorus but I guess that's better for more situations as the MXR can get "psychadelic" and "cosmic" as well but can be used for subtle chorus.

I've found the Black Label Chorus being selled for 90€ but it's not in my city. If I could test it, I guess it is at good price since in my city it costs 135€ brand new.

Thanks for the infos!

I've found a website that sell an Eden I-90 Chorus for 34€ more 11€ to send the pedal. The pedal it's brand new and normally it costs around 100€ or 115€. Shoul I get it since it has a low price? I still have the boss chorus for bass, but it seems a good opportunity.

If you don't mind an oversized pedal that runs at 15V, go for it. Both of those would be deal breakers for me though.

It might not sound any better than your more compact 9V Boss pedal either. Reviews are thin on the ground as not many people ended up buying these Eden pedals for the above reasons!

Edited by dannybuoy

I agree with the problem of running at 15 volts, but it comes with the adapter. About being oversized, I have a CaliforniWAH and it is smaller than it looks on the images that they promote. And the I-90 is the same size as the CaliforniWAH. I will check if I can pay at my door. If that is possible, I think I will buy the I-90.

• 2 weeks later...