Why become a member? ×

TV themes which groove

TheGreek

• 5 months later...

And lastly, this. One of the most haunting pieces of music I’ve ever heard. The intro section (0.00 - 0.25) conjures childhood memories of strikes, IRA bombings, plane highjackings etc and the end credits section from 0.26 sounds like the music they’ll play when Armageddon comes. And on that cheery note...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BrunoBass said:

And lastly, this. One of the most haunting pieces of music I’ve ever heard. The intro section (0.00 - 0.25) conjures childhood memories of strikes, IRA bombings, plane highjackings etc and the end credits section from 0.26 sounds like the music they’ll play when Armageddon comes. And on that cheery note...

I adore this. I would happily play in a band that just played stuff like this. Used to frighten the life out of me when I was very young though!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BrunoBass said:

It is good isn't it.

18 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

The world in action music is actually quite good 

Well you may (or may not) enjoy the entirety of Nantucket Sleighride by Mountain. A track based on the story of a doomed whaling expedition in North America in 1820.

• Like 1

A couple of entries, hope they havent been posted before. One of the most haunting TV themes ever...

Then there's this oddity by Dave Greenslade no less from a little remembered drama series set in the Midlands, the original album version is instrumental only but they put words to it for the TV show reworked version :

Edited by KevB

9 hours ago, KevB said:

A couple of entries, hope they havent been posted before. One of the most haunting TV themes ever...

Then there's this oddity by Dave Greenslade no less from a little remembered drama series set in the Midlands, the original album version is instrumental only but they put words to it for the TV show reworked version :

The Dave Greenslade rack is just about to be released as a bonus track on the new CD reissue of Cactus Choir.