Why become a member? ×

Mocha.......

Creeper

2 hours ago, Jus Lukin said:

I think you're right. The good tort is invariably good. The bad stuff is notably lacking, but it's the so-so tort which doesn't do anything for me either way.

Bad tort is ALWAYS terrible. Always.... :biggrin:

Edited by discreet

I have a ´74 Precision in mocha. It looks like derrière but sounds killer. If I find a non mocha P that sounds as good I´ll happily get rid of that insult for my eyes. But it didn´t happen upto now. It easily rivals my buddy´s 61 Precision. Chances are high that I will have to live with it for quite some more time, yuk.

5 hours ago, discreet said:

It's the pickguard that is the offending item here. The whole bass would work a lot better with a cream or anodized gold guard. IMHO, of course. :)

Gold would work but might verge worryingly towards tasteful, certainly compared to its present amusing vulgarity. Amusing to me, that is. :)

Cream would just be bland. Tried it with cream MOTO before & didn't really like it.

csledit.jpg

This baby is for sale in my local music shop, it was owned by the bassist from the Shadows, it’s a 1976 Mocha jazz bass, although they have rather wisely decided not to include any photos of the body, just this one shot of the headstock, probably a wise decision ?

94C4850A-7325-4641-9AE3-25A44FDABE99.jpeg