Why become a member? ×

New Duff Mckagen bass? - Rig Rundown

NJE

I love Premier Guitars rig rundowns, even if they don't talk to the bass player a lot of the time. I couldn't sleep last night so I watched the new one from Guns 'N' Roses. To my surprise they showed off a new prototype bass that looks like it might be hitting the streets soon. 

Im not a big signature bass fan, and not even a huge GNR fan, but the new bass ticks a few boxes for me, especially if they do a pearl white one. The video shows it a bit better: 

but here is a pic from the man himself:

C9AJApiUMAAw92W.jpg

Yeah I watched that last night too.  The prototype in the rig rundown vid had a rosewood/pau ferro fingerboard with white/pearl blocks, but the same otherwise.  Not fussed on it with a maple fingerboard AND coloured headstock though.

I'm a sucker for a signature Bass.....^_^

Being a big Duff fan this looks great, the original one was always too 80s/rock for me but this one, well one may well just find its way into my home. Interesting that Duff also uses the GK MB800 now (in conjunction with the Fender Bassman).

Duff was my first proper bass hero if you like as I was starting playing bass just after Appetite came out. I used to play a bass with PJ config and I think the only Fender I would be interested in is the white Duff sig. I hear what someone saying it’s too 80s but I am a total sucker for that plus I don’t like pick guards so that bass ticks all the boxes. But I only play 5 string so I would not buy it.

On 11/24/2017 at 12:20, LewisK1975 said:

Yeah I watched that last night too.  The prototype in the rig rundown vid had a rosewood/pau ferro fingerboard with white/pearl blocks, but the same otherwise.  Not fussed on it with a maple fingerboard AND coloured headstock though.

I'm a sucker for a signature Bass.....^_^

Ha ha ha ha ha ha I look forward to finding out what happens next xD

Theres a black US Precision up for grabs on here now that is virtually identical to one of these, black/rosewood, P/J config, blocks, and a Precision neck. Tredders is selling it. If I weren`t currently offloading I`d snap it up, but anyone who likes the look of this new Duff, but wants a Precision width neck, well check out the for sale section.

Great thread - love Duff's classic tone.
That new sig bass looks nice..... white with rosewood neck in particular...... I bet the price will be horrendous though. Hope they do a Japan model as I prefer the quality/price to US built versions....

Interesting run down. It's quite intriguing how much the guitar techs do during the show, I hope they get a performance fee paid to them :)

Duff is a great bass player. How he plays so low I don't know. I tried playing Paradise City with a band once and my wrist near locked up, and I play much higher.