Why become a member? ×

Black Friday !!!

funky8884

22 hours ago, yorks5stringer said:

Black Friday was invented in 1975 by Donald Fagan and Walter Becker (R.I.P). Even they would be surprised how it has taken off across the world?

(grin) You forgot the smiley!   Original Black Friday was the one Steely Dan were singing about.  Wall Street crash.

12 minutes ago, Crawford13 said:

I got an Aguilar octave pedal for £100, and a set of entry level shure in ear monitors for £70 both from Guitar guitar. I’m happy!

Do you know what they were selling for before Black Friday. 

I mean know personally from checking last week rather than what they said they had reduced it from for Black Friday sale.

Dave

1 hour ago, dmccombe7 said:

Do you know what they were selling for before Black Friday. 

I mean know personally from checking last week rather than what they said they had reduced it from for Black Friday sale.

Dave

Generally the Aguilar goes for between £170 / £180, and the shure in-ears sell for £100. So I’m pretty happy with the deal. Basically got the in-ears for free.

• Like 2

Theres a couple of cracking bits of kit massively reduced at gear4music - some good basses and amps here....

Musicman Reflex bass reduced from £2200 to £1100 here 

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Music-Man-Reflex-H-Bass-Guitar-RN-Vintage-Sunburst/1A7J

A rarely seen Musicman Game Changer reduced from £2500 to £1300

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Music-Man-Reflex-Game-Changer-HH-Bass-Guitar-RN-Black/1AAS

And this iTrack recording microphone thingy looked useful down from £83 to £15

https://www.gear4music.com/Recording-and-Computers/Focusrite-iTrack-Pocket/13CV

Edited by Mudpup

Another excuse for unfettered consumerism. Why do Brits slavishly like to copy every fad that comes out of the US?  Anyway, it's no secret that sales events are a scam whereby retailers hike up prices in preceding weeks and then 'slash' them back to their original levels,  get rid of obsolete or unpopular lines and buy in shoddy toot specifically for them. After all,  despite all the saccharine  marketing cow poop about the customer being # 1 blah blah the question everyone should be asking is what's in it for the retailers?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

Another excuse for unfettered consumerism. Why do Brits slavishly like to copy every fad that comes out of the US?  Anyway, it's no secret that sales events are a scam whereby retailers hike up prices in preceding weeks and then 'slash' them back to their original levels,  get rid of obsolete or unpopular lines and buy in shoddy toot specifically for them. After all,  despite all the saccharine  marketing cow poop about the customer being # 1 blah blah the question everyone should be asking is what's in it for the retailers?

All true and one further reason for B Friday, which is to clear the shelves of unsold stock to make way for Christmas tat. Bah humbug.

Well, I don't know if it counts as Black Friday or Cyber Monday - perhaps a P45 for some poor soul at Amazon as they have been selling a £1300 Asus gaming laptop at £130 this morning!  Needless to say I've been a profiteering git and bought one to sell on - happy days.  That's most of the price of a Maruszczyk Phoenix or used Gibson Thunderbird in the bag.

Sadly, as expected, Amazon have cancelled the order!

Edited by DaytonaRik

On 26/11/2017 at 09:10, dudewheresmybass said:

I didn't partake this year, but Black Friday always makes me think of this- 

Me too. I try to avoid the whole thing. This year I failed, and bought Björk’s new album on its release date. ??

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SH73 said:

Getting really annoyed with black Friday offers. Still getting e mails from Gak, guitarguitar an Andertons.

But surprisingly  the item I'm  after is not on offer. 

It's like any other sales.

Yep that's my sentiments exactly. Its usually the crap they can't normally sell that ends up in the sale at a fraction off for the sale. Its probably been reduced in price for months beforehand.

Er... shouldn't we be encouraging people to spend less, not more? For environmental reasons and so forth? Yes, I'm well aware of the fact that my feedback tells a sorry tale of consumerism and resource depletion on a grand scale, but surely we should be pretending to spend less, at least..? O.o