Why become a member? ×

My eyes, my eyes! (Gibson crime).

spectoremg

This thread has made me get my EB 4 off the wall and I'm sitting here now reacquainting myself with the wide range of tones it is capable of. Very light, too, I'll hang on to it as a 'third set' bass for those long gigs where the weight of a Precision starts to get tiring in the third hour.

6 minutes ago, totorbass said:

I find them nice. Maybe I don't get it. ..Is the crime creating a balanced bass?

I suspect the perceived crime may be disproving the old adage that Gibson 'can't make a bass to save their lives'.  I've been happily noodling away on my EB 4 for the last 40 mins or so, and despite being primarily a Fender player, the Gibson doesn't disappoint.

Edited by FinnDave

I've got the 5 string version. I think it's an excellent bass...those pick ups are brilliant..I don't see any problems with it's looks either.

I think people just love slagging off Gibson basses ..many have never tried them..or if they have, seem to have a preconceived bias against them.