Why become a member? ×

NJE

7 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

No ones mentioned JV's yet. The ad's for those are sometimes like reading a fantasy novel. The only reason these basses have risen so much in price is because mugs are prepared to pay for them.

I get that when they came out they were amazing for the money. I had one, but you can easily beat the quality these days for a lot less.

Nice necks JVs - but seriously if you had a mint, big fender, small squier logo export one then that's probably worth a bit .... because there's not many of them and some folk collect rare stuff.

later ones - nah not so bothered.

modded later ones... not worth silly money. 

Mind you when I first joined this site the common thought was that you avoided 70s gender cos they were rubbish (except @wateroftyne who would say his '71 ones were the last good ones and they were sunburst so better anyway) now look at the price they make!!!

15 hours ago, T-Bay said:

But it makes me think that some stuff I see overpriced is maybe building in the idiot factor, I want £100so put it up at £200 and when they offer half that you are there.

Definitely building in the idiot factor, the dreamers and time wasters and the horrendous eBay fees! Even when you add to eBay "advertised elsewhere" which to me is a not so subtle way of saying "for goodness sake just buy it off my gumtree ad!" You still get people who tell you they'd seen it on gumtree etc but transacted through eBay anyway

I don't mind a few sympathetic mods by any means, anything done properly is fine by me but be realistic about what you have and maybe do some research? Anyway as the title said it was an unreasonable rant and I have recovered from my bad mood now. Its not worth getting het up about by any means, I just don't like nice basses being abused.

1 hour ago, wateroftyne said:

You do, although it ain't what it used to be. And the feedback system is now a nonsense.

Oh yes, eBay and Gumtree are both crap in their own ways. I was an eBay trader in another life, but I ceased activities  the day it became impossible to leave negative feedback for buyers! What a crock!! :)

On 23/11/2017 at 17:00, T-Bay said:

some stuff I see overpriced is maybe building in the idiot factor, I want £100 so put it up at £200 and when they offer half that you are there.

I do that a lot. Not on here but on Ebay and Gumtree. 

I've just learned that people will haggle regardless so you might as well set your asking price higher. They get to feel like they've 'got a good deal' and you've still got what you were after, often more. Besides if I advertise on here I know it will go to a good buyer and I won't get time wasters. On Gumtree I have to budget for the fact that I'm going to have a different tyre-kicker over every night for the next month trying it out and not buying it.