Why become a member? ×

Stingray 2005 3 Band EQ Ltd Edition Buttercream Maple Neck now with pics.
£1300

dirtylittleherbert

With a heavy heart it’s time to let go of this beautiful bass. I haven’t played it in well over a year now and only play 6 string now so this is literally just sitting in its hardcase gathering dust. Selling to fund the purchase of a new Martin D28. Have other guitars to shift too so I will only sell this for the right price. It’s the 3 band eq version with the maple neck. I would describe the condition as near to 10 as is possible. Not a mark, scratch or ding anywhere. No fretwear at all. Never been played outside of the house. Hardcase is in excellent condition it’s the brown version with the golden lining. Still has the keys in place to lock it if required. Would much prefer someone comes and tried it out here in County Durham. Will post at a push but buyer must pay all postage and fees. 

Sitting at work at the moment so will post good pictures around 5pm. I know one went a little while ago with dings for £1400 so I know I’m asking a fair price. It really is pristine for a bass which is 12 year old now. 

Thanks to the mods for posting me in the right direction of the shop :D 

https://imgur.com/gallery/xnJMm

Edited by dirtylittleherbert

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have one of these. It's one of five Stingrays that I own, and it's the coolest looking, nicest playing, and best sounding of them all.

Not too many of them around folks...grab it before he changes his mind!

Edited by Adethefade

On 31/12/2017 at 10:31, Adethefade said:

I have one of these. It's one of five Stingrays that I own, and it's the coolest looking, nicest playing, and best sounding of them all.

Not too many of them around folks...grab it before he changes his mind!

Many of them as pristine as this? Well worth £1150 and will get me a nice deposit on a spanking new D28. 

6 minutes ago, dirtylittleherbert said:

I’m just curious tbf but at the moment there’s this and a high end acoustic which I’m selling to fund the D28. This was £1400 brand new and the Acoustic now retails at £1600. That’s £3k worth of guutar’s. I’m guessing I’ll be lucky to be offered half of that. 

You will 'likely' be offered less than 50% of their USED value not 50% of the new value.

I was in MI retail for 25 years. It's a difficult one, and it hinges on the ease of saleability of the part ex'd item, the realistic used value of that item, and the available profit margin in the item being purchased. Whatever anyone may think, margins are not great in MI retail...especially for high-ticket items, so if you've negotiated a good price on the new item, you're going to struggle to get a good part ex value. Also, people usually over-estimate the value of their own goods and under-estimate the value of what they'd like to buy - it's just human nature. The person who buys your part ex'd item will not expect to pay the 'ticket' price, so that has to be factored in, as does the fact that it may not sell for 6 months.

Used  stingrays seem to command a price of around £1000 in a shop (more like £800 privately) unless they're particularly old or special. In my experience, it being a limited version doesn't, in itself, affect the figures very much...I wish it did! I'll stick my neck out and say I think you'd be offered between £500 - £700 depending on the fair-mindedness of the dealer.

Edited by Adethefade
  • Thanks 1

Final drop to £1000 plus carriage. Not willing to accept anything less than this. It’s pristine and I’ve had it too long to let it go for a penny less. I realise January is a slow month but there must be somebody who wants this guitar. I’m based in Durham if anyone wants to come and try it. Will also throw in an Ashdown tourbus 10 practice amp as a sweetener.