Why become a member? ×

Bongo 4H

ProfJames

Your OP does not mention whether you've already visited a site called basschat.co.uk where there actually is a forum section for gear, in which a forum called "Bass Guitars" contains dozens or even hundreds of treads were all the info on the 4H is readily available. :hi:

:on_the_quiet:

Other than that, it's reported to sound closer to a StingRay, and the H pup  is indeed positioned in the StingRay spot. Somehow, the back of my mind seems to tell me the 4H does not have the 4-band EQ, but I'm sure someone will correct me if that is wrong. :)

Edited by BassTractor
  • Like 1

I’ve got the 5h bongo, an SR5 fretless and the 20th anni 5h. The bongo is more aggressive and forward in tone, whilst still sounding like a stingray, it’s a beast live but isn’t as comfortable to play, the G string is a bit close to the edge of the frets and takes a bit of getting used to. 

Don’t know the 4 string versions, so I can’t comment there with any authority but I’d guess the character is similar.

love mine for live, but the 20th Anni has taken over in the studio.

• Like 1