Why become a member? ×

db bass cabs.... Anyone tried them.

spyder

Paraphrasing a quote I saw in Speaker Builder Magazine many years ago, there's a thousand ways to make a ported cab. This is one of them. I shy away from claims of magical never before achieved results that aren't accompanied by hard data. That's especially the case when I see advertising blurbs like this: providing 600 watts of full range sound .

Sound isn't measured in watts. :dash1:

11 minutes ago, Bill Fitzmaurice said:

Paraphrasing a quote I saw in Speaker Builder Magazine many years ago, there's a thousand ways to make a ported cab. This is one of them. I shy away from claims of magical never before achieved results that aren't accompanied by hard data. That's especially the case when I see advertising blurbs like this: providing 600 watts of full range sound .

Sound isn't measured in watts. :dash1:

Totally agree. 

No sign of any spec's on their website. 

Very poor. 

Got a 1x12 600w DB, great little cab - minimal weight, tiny footprint, excellent sound dispersion and easily keeps up with an aggressive drummer in gig situation.

My only gripe - not a fan of paint finishes on cabs.  Each to their own.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:28, mxm said:

Got a 1x12 600w DB, great little cab - minimal weight, tiny footprint, excellent sound dispersion and easily keeps up with an aggressive drummer in gig situation.

My only gripe - not a fan of paint finishes on cabs.  Each to their own.

How are you getting on with it ?

Great cab, other than the attenuator control knob falling off during a gig (readily available/replaceable part) it serves me well through numerous gig and rehearsal situations.  It can handle volume, holding its own within a 4 piece and was the only cab I had that really brought out the best in a (personally disappointing) Mesa D800 I had.  The physical size and handle placement are impressively thought out, awkward spaces and stairwells are a breeze.

I’m selling it - which is no slight on the unit in any way, - as I purchased 2 new Mark Bass 112 Ninjas dirt cheap and use these as my ‘rough and tumble’ regular rig.  I’ve recently vowed not to keep masses of gear I’m not using, so it’s for sale...(or px for anything of interest).

That said, I still use the cab regularly, it’s 1st call in rehearsal situation and I’m in no real rush to sell.

Edited by mxm
  • Thanks 1