Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Overwater Scott Devine Jazz 4-string
£1595

LZD56

Reduced Price £1500

This is a superb example of the Overwater Scott Devine Signature Series Jazz Bass. Made in the UK in Carlisle. Overwater basses are hand-crafted and are the preferred bass in the majority of West End theatres and on Broadway too - this is in large part due to their superb, silent electronics keeping hum suppressed.

I bought this from Chris May at Overwater direct in May 2016, although the bass was manufactured in 2015. I am the second owner, but the bass is absolutely immaculate without a mark, dint or scuff and has only had light home use since it arrived fully set up direct from Overwater. In fact, the only mark at all is a small split in the lid of the flight case. This was there when I bought it as I got a 'deal' on the case from Chris May at Overwater (£75 - they are usually a lot more for a brand new one). I knew I wasn't going to be travelling anywhere with the bass, but the small split in no way affects the structural integrity of the case. Photo attached.

The bass has a 33" scale neck and a narrow string spacing (16.5mm) and was designed with Scott Devine (who used to be a guitar player, so was used to smaller instruments). You can see one in action on many of Scott's bass lessons on You Tube.

Description: Overwater J Series Scott Devine Model 4 
Condition: Excellent. Like new. Home use only
Specifications:
Neck: 1 Piece Maple
Scale length: 33”
Body: Medium weight Swamp Ash
Top: N/A
Back: N/A
Finish: Natural Satin
Head Veneer/Finish: Natural Satin
Fretboard: Maple
Frets: 20 - Medium
Binding: None
Position Markers: 6mm dots + 2mm side dots
Machines: Hipshot Ultralite - Black
Bridge: OW Single bridge pieces - Black
String spacing: 16.5mm
Pick-ups: OW ‘Noiseless’ J4
Controls/EQ: Overwater/John East Buffer pre-amp + passive EQ
Scratchplate: Black
Weight: 9.5lbs/4.3Kgs
Year: 2015
Case: Overwater brand Hiscox hard case included – excellent condition apart from a small split on top

Fullfront.jpg

Back view.jpg

Body.jpg

Body1.jpg

Headstock1.jpg

Fretboard1.jpg

Fretboard2.jpg

Bodyback1.jpg

Neckside.jpg

Headstockrear.jpg

NeckJoint.jpg

Casecandy.jpg