childedNew Member

hi there!
i'm self-learned composer and musician.
wanna share here my new short trio.
i played all instruments by myself.
pls post your thoughts.

...pls post your thoughts...

Good evening, Dedindi...

Quality playing, a decent arrangement, a good composition... What's not to like..? Not much, really, except for the style; one either 'gets' this kind of music or one doesn't. So did I like it..? As much as I can listen to Bach time and time again, I'd not put this on 'Repeat' in my playlist. Not because it's not Good (it is...); just that, for my own personal tastes, it's a bit 'twee'. The rhythm changes didn't help endure it to me, either, although the notion (and execution...) is perfectly acceptable. Good Stuff, then, but not my favourite blend of tea, I'm afraid. Sorry. :$

Thanks for sharing, and well done, just the same. Have you others..? B|

• Thanks 1

On 29.11.2017 at 18:22, Dad3353 said:

Thanks for sharing, and well done, just the same. Have you others..? B|

thank you for a detailed response. I especially appreciate that the man who listens to Bach wrote this post. I just started looking for a way to write classical harmony on a rock set. for this I am collecting any criticism.

I recently released a track. it's in the Baroque style. I wanted it to be like a harpsichord. but it turned out a pretty dirty guitar. 

although I received and applause along with critical comments on the guitar. all as you wrote, to whom it rolls, to whom it does not.

1 hour ago, dedindi said:

thank you for a detailed response...

Dedindi...

May I offer you, as some (OK rather unfair...) sort of comparison, an old title from an early Fairport Convention album; the idea being to give some notion of dynamic and dissonance. Hope this helps; your stuff is fine; could be better still, in my humble opinion. Enjoy (..?).

Edited by Dad3353
  • Like 1

On 08.12.2017 at 21:57, Dad3353 said:

Dedindi...

May I offer you, as some (OK rather unfair...) sort of comparison, an old title from an early Fairport Convention album; the idea being to give some notion of dynamic and dissonance. Hope this helps; your stuff is fine; could be better still, in my humble opinion. Enjoy (..?).

I'm a big fan of prog music especially early period. I was not familiar with these guys and it's hard for me to perceive this harmony, but the magic sound of this great time made me delve into their creativity. the great Bach taught that the alternation of consonances and dissonances gives music a special power.