Why become a member? ×

Practice amp advice

The Twickerman

I use an old Line6 LD15 (think that's what it is) in my home office. Has an Aux In socket for whatever source you prefer, a headphone socket and the usual plethora of Line6 options for sounds and effects. Been a bit of a Godsend for me when I'm learning a load of stuff off Youtube or whatever and not wishing to drive Mrs J nuts.

• Like 1

There is the Nux Air which is suitable for both guitar and bass, has a phone amp for amp sim and effects plus other things. Rechargeable battery, aux in, headphone out, small and compact.

The only review Ihave seen prefered it to the Positive Grid.

• Like 1

On 11/01/2022 at 16:59, The Twickerman said:

The Yamaha THR-10 really does hit the spot: models, effects, usability and, most importantly, sounds!

However reliability appears to be an issue. My second has just died. Anyone else had issue with it?

Looking at the Positive Grid Spark now.

Comments>?

The preset buttons on mine stopped working. I opened it up, which was easy to do, and gave everything a good clean. Solved.

• Like 1

For multi purpose use why not look at a small active PA speaker? It has the advantage of no inbuilt sound of it's own and you can then do the modelling outboard. Zoom G1/B1-four for example then you have great guitar sounds and bass sounds. Something like the Alto TS308 will give you very decent sound and volumes in a compact package.