Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash No.12, Saturday 29th September 2018!

Hamster

OK, I've finally had the confirmation I was waiting for! :)

I'm pleased to confirm that the fantastic Richard Searle of seminal Acid Jazz group 'Corduroy' will be popping down to have a chat about his career, gear choices, life on the road, technique, influences etc and hopefully give a demo or two too.....!

If you're unfamiliar with his bass work then check out some of his best known grooves on their debut album Dad Man Cat here: Corduroy - Dad Man Cat
Think funky 70's instrumental theme tunes and you're somewhere near their style.... 😉

Corduroy Wiki 

Corduroy on Facebook

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, cetera said:

OK, I've finally had the confirmation I was waiting for! :)

I'm pleased to confirm that the fantastic Richard Searle of seminal Acid Jazz group 'Corduroy' will be popping down to have a chat about his career, gear choices, life on the road, technique, influences etc and hopefully give a demo or two too.....!

If you're unfamiliar with his bass work then check out some of his best known grooves on their debut album Dad Man Cat here: Corduroy - Dad Man Cat
Think funky 70's instrumental theme tunes and you're somewhere near their style.... 😉

Corduroy Wiki 

Corduroy on Facebook

Brilliant news Gary! 😊

• Thanks 1

Thanks for this, Gary. I confess I wasn't really too familiar with Corduroy but have checked out at least half-a-dozen of their vids on Youtube and you're right when you say "...think funky 70's instrumental theme tunes...". Great stuff! I look forward to seeing/meeting Richard on the day. :)

• Like 1

1) Cetera - Spector NS2 & Legend 4X, Dingwall NG2, Epiphone Vintage Pro Thunderbird, Yamaha BB3000, GK800RB head, Genz Benz Neox212 cab, Tech-21 Dug DP3X preamp/pedal

2) Ezbass - Maruszczyk Elwood L 4 string fretted (J pickups), Maruszczyk Elwood L 4 string fretless (MM pickup), Rickenbacker 4003s, Rob Allen MB2 fretless, Phil Jones Flightcase + PB300

3) Happy Jack - AliKat DB #004, Mike Lull 54P, all I need to play a doubling gig (that evening) on those two instruments

4) BlueJay - Eminence Upright (left-handed), loads of camera equipment

5) obbm - Fender Precisions, Sadowsky HPJ, Bergantino NV115, Handbox WB100 and if room Quilter BB800 + BF One10 + Nate Mendel for sale/trade 

6) Nancy Johnson (Paul) - The Big One, rack (GED/poweramp), possibly the dUg DP3x.  A bass.

7) MacDaddy - Shuker bass(es), Snapdragon Folding bass, Flattley Bass Poison Ivy.

8 ) prowla (Paul) - Maybe a Ric or two and fakers, maybe a couple of Statii, maybe J- & P-basses. Probably a Markbass amp & cab and a pedalboard with some FX.

9) Stingray5 - Old faithful Stingray5; Tune SWV4-BB bass; Eden EC180 1x15 combo. (I also have a gig that evening so may leave the Eden in the car but happy to bring it in if anyone asks).

10) TrevorR - Wal Pro II E, Wal Mk 1 Custom,  Aria SB700, MarkBass LMII and Traveler 2x10, pedalboard.

11) TheGreek - Mesa M Pulse 600 head/ Powerhouse 1x15 cab and The Psilos bass built by Andyjr1515

12) JapanAxe (Graeme) - most of the stuff in my signature!

13) Wolverinebass (Andy) - Maybe some Wounded Paw effects/signature preamp and a bass.

14) Silverfoxnik (Nik) - Roscoe Beck 5, Gibson Thunderbird, BC Rich Eagle, plus my Ampeg V4BH Rig

15) Paul The Drums of the Junkyard Dogs, with kit.

16) Frank Blank (Frankè Blanké) Rob Allen Mouse, AER Basic Performer, Fender Modern Player with modded fretless neck, Ibanez SRC6/SR500, cake.

17) Ordep - Noble Preamp, Modulus Jazz, Fodera Monarch New Std, Amp, pedalboard depending on the day’s mood. 

18) ChunkyMunky - Yamaha BB1025X, SWR Redhead combo

Hey Folks

I hope that this is an over-sight by many who plan to attend but haven't put their name down yet, but if there are going to be less than 20 attendees I fear for future events.

Not sure how the Organisers of the event feel (Colin and Nik really) but I'm a bit concerned about the apparent limited level of enthusiasm for this years event.

I appreciate that many people can't make the event for a variety of genuine reasons but if these events don't generate enough interest or money to make them viable then we run the risk of losing them. We didn't even try to put on the Herts Bash this year after the lack of interest in last years and nobody asked why.

Historically the SE Bash has been a great day out, access to lots of high end gear you don't find in shops, interesting seminars, lots of like minded musicians and a chance to put faces to avatars of people we speak to regularly but rarely meet. Check the feedback from previous events, no negative feedback (well, maybe a bit about the saga the raffles turn into) and everybody has a good day out.

These events don't just happen, there's far more work involved than you'd think, and as I said, if they aren't financially viable they won't happen again. We rely on your support to keep these going. I, for one, will be sad if these events cease to exist. It's one of the few times in the year that I get to talk to people who are actually interested in my instrument of choice.

Come on folks, let's make this event another great day out and let the Organisers know that we appreciate their efforts!!

Bass Bashes - IF YOU DON'T USE THEM, EXPECT TO LOSE THEM!!
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

Hey Folks

I hope that this is an over-sight by many who plan to attend but haven't put their name down yet, but if there are going to be less than 20 attendees I fear for future events.

Not sure how the Organisers of the event feel (Colin and Nik really) but I'm a bit concerned about the apparent limited level of enthusiasm for this years event.

I appreciate that many people can't make the event for a variety of genuine reasons but if these events don't generate enough interest or money to make them viable then we run the risk of losing them. We didn't even try to put on the Herts Bash this year after the lack of interest in last years and nobody asked why.

Historically the SE Bash has been a great day out, access to lots of high end gear you don't find in shops, interesting seminars, lots of like minded musicians and a chance to put faces to avatars of people we speak to regularly but rarely meet. Check the feedback from previous events, no negative feedback (well, maybe a bit about the saga the raffles turn into) and everybody has a good day out.

These events don't just happen, there's far more work involved than you'd think, and as I said, if they aren't financially viable they won't happen again. We rely on your support to keep these going. I, for one, will be sad if these events cease to exist. It's one of the few times in the year that I get to talk to people who are actually interested in my instrument of choice.

Come on folks, let's make this event another great day out and let the Organisers know that we appreciate their efforts!!

+1

2 hours ago, TheGreek said:

1) Cetera - Spector NS2 & Legend 4X, Dingwall NG2, Epiphone Vintage Pro Thunderbird, Yamaha BB3000, GK800RB head, Genz Benz Neox212 cab, Tech-21 Dug DP3X preamp/pedal

2) Ezbass - Maruszczyk Elwood L 4 string fretted (J pickups), Maruszczyk Elwood L 4 string fretless (MM pickup), Rickenbacker 4003s, Rob Allen MB2 fretless, Phil Jones Flightcase + PB300

3) Happy Jack - AliKat DB #004, Mike Lull 54P, all I need to play a doubling gig (that evening) on those two instruments

5) obbm - Fender Precisions, Sadowsky HPJ, Bergantino NV115, Handbox WB100 and if room Quilter BB800 + BF One10 + Nate Mendel for sale/trade 

6) Nancy Johnson (Paul) - The Big One, rack (GED/poweramp), possibly the dUg DP3x.  A bass.

7) MacDaddy - Shuker bass(es), Snapdragon Folding bass, Flattley Bass Poison Ivy.

8 ) prowla (Paul) - Maybe a Ric or two and fakers, maybe a couple of Statii, maybe J- & P-basses. Probably a Markbass amp & cab and a pedalboard with some FX.

9) Stingray5 - Old faithful Stingray5; Tune SWV4-BB bass; Eden EC180 1x15 combo. (I also have a gig that evening so may leave the Eden in the car but happy to bring it in if anyone asks).

10) TrevorR - Wal Pro II E, Wal Mk 1 Custom,  Aria SB700, MarkBass LMII and Traveler 2x10, pedalboard.

11) TheGreek - Mesa M Pulse 600 head/ Powerhouse 1x15 cab and The Psilos bass built by Andyjr1515

13) Wolverinebass (Andy) - Maybe some Wounded Paw effects/signature preamp and a bass.

14) Silverfoxnik (Nik) - Roscoe Beck 5, Gibson Thunderbird, BC Rich Eagle, plus my Ampeg V4BH Rig

16) Frank Blank (Frankè Blanké) Rob Allen Mouse, AER Basic Performer, Fender Modern Player with modded fretless neck, Ibanez SRC6/SR500, cake.

17) Ordep - Noble Preamp, Modulus Jazz, Fodera Monarch New Std, Amp, pedalboard depending on the day’s mood. 

Hey Folks

Thanks for your support Mick 😊

19) Jabba the Gut - TC Electronic RH450, RS112 and some own build basses

Attendee list

19) Jabba the Gut - TC Electronic RH450, RS112 and some own build basses

20) Thestick - Vanderkley cabs, Aguilar ag700 head, selection of basses