Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash No.12, Saturday 29th September 2018!

Hamster

16 hours ago, Jabba_the_gut said:

Please could you let me know what time the doors open and close. 

I’m off to see a band that evening but would like to squeeze in a visit!

Hoping to get one of the short scale things and one of the semi- hollow basses in a playable state for the bash but will be tight.

10am - 5pm ☺

7 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

Could we schedule a blind tone test this year?  Might be fun.

Just get a bunch of basses, a big sheet to hide behind and someone playing.

Great idea! ☺

Also, I'd like to run a Class D vs Valve amp test - anyone up for that?

Let's see if we can provide a definitive answer to the 'heft' debate once and for all..

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, silverfoxnik said:

Great idea! ☺

Also, I'd like to run a Class D vs Valve amp test - anyone up for that?

Let's see if we can provide a definitive answer to the 'heft' debate once and for all..

Happy to make my Demeter head available for this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NancyJohnson said:

It might make it interesting.  I'm sure we'll have ten of the top basses there.  Just play them and see whether anyone can identify them.

Well, I could bring 4 Rickenbackers and 3 copies, so you'd only have to find 3 more basses...

32 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

Lozz is the master of this having put together the P bass and Pedal test....check with him for advice and guidance. If you go down the blind bass test you'll need micro mixers.

I was thinking more upon the lines of a multiple choice thing...keep it easy. 

If we have ten basses, it's simply a case of name of applicant at the top, and a grid of 100 squares.  bass #1 is <cross in corresponding box>. 

Basses just set with the tone open, then closed.  Same amo setting.  No clues.  No previewing.  Just unplug each one and move onto the next.  No mixer required.  Easy.

• Like 1

On 27/08/2018 at 09:32, NancyJohnson said:

Fantastic idea, happy to volunteer a Wal and an Aria SB700 for the blind test.

16 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

I was thinking more upon the lines of a multiple choice thing...keep it easy. 

If we have ten basses, it's simply a case of name of applicant at the top, and a grid of 100 squares.  bass #1 is <cross in corresponding box>. 

Basses just set with the tone open, then closed.  Same amo setting.  No clues.  No previewing.  Just unplug each one and move onto the next.  No mixer required.  Easy.

You'll want an inline tuner pedal or get @obbm to make you up a cable with one of his fancy shmancy silent unplugging jack sockets on.

PS no Planetwaves leads or angled sockets if you want to be able to plug in the Wal...!

1 hour ago, TrevorR said:

Trying to think up a sarky comment so I can troll you...

Obviously there wasn't enough room for the "full beans" rig, which consists of 2 fieldmice running on wheels inside a cigarette packet with tone knobs painted on. That'd be vastly more powerful than the Elf.

Botheration!!!! Sod's Law once more - after last year's Rescheduled Mother-In-Law's Birthday Party™ , this year it's Once in a Decade Visit From Far Flung Relatives™ .  Gutted to miss you all again - although at least it means you won't need the Deaf Tone Test, whereby I play and you all try and get out of earshot as quickly as possible.

Have a great time!

On 27/08/2018 at 09:32, NancyJohnson said:

Could I possibly put one of my own  bass builds into the mix? I’d be interested to see how it compares ( or indeed if I could identify it!!)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, prowla said:

Lightweight!

Lightweight? You calling me a fairy? Orc can I just  whisp-er  that I plan on goblin up any opportunity to dwarf you with my giant wit... That would be just wizard. In witch case I should stop now coz I'm running out of fantasy fiction creatures...

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TrevorR said:

Lightweight? You calling me a fairy? Orc can I just  whisp-er  that I plan on goblin up any opportunity to dwarf you with my giant wit... That would be just wizard. In witch case I should stop now coz I'm running out of fantasy fiction creatures...

I was trying to help you with an amp gag...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Wolverinebass said:

Obviously there wasn't enough room for the "full beans" rig, which consists of 2 fieldmice running on wheels inside a cigarette packet with tone knobs painted on. That'd be vastly more powerful than the Elf.

Presuming those are magic beans...

23 hours ago, TrevorR said:

….. or get @obbm to make you up a cable with one of his fancy shmancy silent unplugging jack sockets on.

I will happily bring a pristine cable with a straight Neutrik silent jack however as we all know it may not work with some active basses.