Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash No.12, Saturday 29th September 2018!

Hamster

Last year I didn't have a stand for my basses, so I managed to borrow a couple of free slots on someone else's.

Fortunately I spotted someone local selling a 5-guitar one on Gumtree for a tenner a couple of days ago, so this year I'll be self-sufficient!

52 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

How exciting, my first bass bash, if only I had an interesting bass to bring along...

Every bass is interesting!

Last year, one of the folks brought along one and his amp which was diametrically opposed to what i choose, but he liked it and that's all that counts.

Another brought along a nylon stringed uke bass, which looked like a toy, but turned out to be rather good!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, prowla said:

Last year I didn't have a stand for my basses, so I managed to borrow a couple of free slots on someone else's.

Fortunately I spotted someone local selling a 5-guitar one on Gumtree for a tenner a couple of days ago, so this year I'll be self-sufficient!

Got any free slots 😜

Hi Folks

Finally got around to adding my name to this list:

1) Cetera - Spector NS2 & Legend 4X, Dingwall NG2, Epiphone Vintage Pro Thunderbird, Yamaha BB3000, GK800RB head, Genz Benz Neox212 cab, Tech-21 Dug DP3X preamp/pedal

2) Ezbass - Maruszczyk Elwood L 4 string fretted (J pickups), Maruszczyk Elwood L 4 string fretless (MM pickup), Rickenbacker 4003s, Rob Allen MB2 fretless, Phil Jones Flightcase + PB300

3) Happy Jack - AliKat DB #004, Mike Lull 54P, all I need to play a doubling gig (that evening) on those two instruments

4) BlueJay - Eminence Upright (left-handed), loads of camera equipment

5) obbm - TBA 

6) Nancy Johnson (Paul) - The Big One, rack (GED/poweramp), possibly the dUg DP3x.  A bass.

7) MacDaddy - Shuker bass(es), Snapdragon Folding bass, Flattley Bass Poison Ivy.

8 ) prowla (Paul) - Maybe a Ric or two and fakers, maybe a couple of Statii, maybe J- & P-basses. Probably a Markbass amp & cab and a pedalboard with some FX.

9) Stingray5 - Old faithful Stingray5; Tune SWV4-BB bass; Eden EC180 1x15 combo. (I also have a gig that evening so may leave the Eden in the car but happy to bring it in if anyone asks).

10) TrevorR - Wal Pro II E, Wal Mk 1 Custom,  Aria SB700, MarkBass LMII and Traveler 2x10, pedalboard.

11) TheGreek - Mesa M Pulse 600 head/ Powerhouse 1x15 cab and The Psilos bass built by Andyjr1515

12) JapanAxe (Graeme) - most of the stuff in my signature!

13) Wolverinebass (Andy) - Maybe some Wounded Paw effects/signature preamp and a bass. 

14) Silverfoxnik (Nik) - Roscoe Beck 5, Gibson Thunderbird, BC Rich Eagle, plus my Ampeg V4BH Rig

Hi again Folks,

As most of you know, for the last 10 years or so I've been really involved in organising the South East Bash along with Hamster, Happy Jack, obbm and bluejay. There have always been others who've contributed along the way including many of the great guest speakers we've had, exhibitors like Wal, D'Addario, Chowney etc, etc, and others too numerous to mention including our very own forum members who've run a brilliant workshop or two - like 5im0n's legendary Compressor workshop!! :D.  Last year for example, we had some really brilliant help from cetera (Gary) who helped bring in Davey Rimmer and ped who helped bring in Steve Lawson both of whom were amazing!

Background to this year's Bash: This year however, things have been a bit different and for a bunch of personal reasons I've not been able to put much work into the programme for the day... And, despite an amazing amount of behind the scenes effort from Hamster, cetera and Darren from Planet Rock in talking to some really big names, we don't really have a list of guest speakers such as we've had in the last 3 or 4 years. It's not been for want of effort on their part, nor lack of interest from some of the brilliant musicians that have been approached - it's just a case of people not being available on this date because of their other commitments... Happily - as Gary's already alluded to above - we do have one name speaker who'll run a workshop for us on the day which is fantastic news and more details about that will follow shortly...

Looking for workshop ideas - please step forward!!    So... in the absence of any other 'name' guests, we'd like to throw this open to you all to see if anyone fancies running a workshop or two on the day?? Any ideas really welcomed from Compressor workshops to music theory demonstrations/talks, double bass sessions, talks about your music/tours/when you bought your first bass or even 'A Funny Thing Happened to Me on the Way to my Weekend Pub Gig' type thing... 

I think you get the picture - we're looking for something witty, informative, entertaining and interesting that'll keep us all focused on you and your topic of choice for about 30 minutes or so.. 

Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you! :)

Business as usual: Just to say that in all other respects, the Bash will be the same format as normal;  Refreshments from the wonderful Mrs Hamster (Sarah) in the Foyer along with a 'Gear For Sale' area and the Raffle, plus talks/workshops in the Theatre... The Hall will be where we set up all our gear and make lots of noise and the Jam Room will be in it's usual place ready for lots of 'jamming'!

Hope that all makes sense and we look forward to hearing from anyone who'd like to contribute on the day in whatever way you and of course, to seeing you there for the 12th South East Basschat Bass Bash!

Nik   (along with Hamster, Happy Jack, obbm, bluejay, cetera and Darren)

Attendees list

1) Cetera - Spector NS2 & Legend 4X, Dingwall NG2, Epiphone Vintage Pro Thunderbird, Yamaha BB3000, GK800RB head, Genz Benz Neox212 cab, Tech-21 Dug DP3X preamp/pedal

2) Ezbass - Maruszczyk Elwood L 4 string fretted (J pickups), Maruszczyk Elwood L 4 string fretless (MM pickup), Rickenbacker 4003s, Rob Allen MB2 fretless, Phil Jones Flightcase + PB300

3) Happy Jack - AliKat DB #004, Mike Lull 54P, all I need to play a doubling gig (that evening) on those two instruments

5) obbm - TBA 

6) Nancy Johnson (Paul) - The Big One, rack (GED/poweramp), possibly the dUg DP3x.  A bass.

7) MacDaddy - Shuker bass(es), Snapdragon Folding bass, Flattley Bass Poison Ivy.

8 ) prowla (Paul) - Maybe a Ric or two and fakers, maybe a couple of Statii, maybe J- & P-basses. Probably a Markbass amp & cab and a pedalboard with some FX.

9) Stingray5 - Old faithful Stingray5; Tune SWV4-BB bass; Eden EC180 1x15 combo. (I also have a gig that evening so may leave the Eden in the car but happy to bring it in if anyone asks).

10) TrevorR - Wal Pro II E, Wal Mk 1 Custom,  Aria SB700, MarkBass LMII and Traveler 2x10, pedalboard.

11) TheGreek - Mesa M Pulse 600 head/ Powerhouse 1x15 cab and The Psilos bass built by Andyjr1515

13) Wolverinebass (Andy) - Maybe some Wounded Paw effects/signature preamp and a bass. 

14) Silverfoxnik (Nik) - Roscoe Beck 5, Gibson Thunderbird, BC Rich Eagle, plus my Ampeg V4BH Rig

15) Paul The Drums of the Junkyard Dogs, with kit. :)

Edited by Silvia Bluejay

Updated with my kit.  Unless anyone has any specific cable requirements which I can make before the event I will not be bringing any cables for sale this year.

Attendees list

5) obbm - Fender Precisions, Sadowsky HPJ, Bergantino NV115, Handbox WB100 and if room Quilter BB800 + BF One10 + Nate Mendel for sale/trade 

15) Paul The Drums of the Junkyard Dogs, with kit.

Edited by obbm

25 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in a fretless RA Mouse ...

No.

Not at all.

I really, really wouldn't.

I have absolutely zero interest in a £2000 wonder-bass that plays like butter and sounds superb, and for which I have no justifiable need.

:|

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

No.

Not at all.

I really, really wouldn't.

I have absolutely zero interest in a £2000 wonder-bass that plays like butter and sounds superb, and for which I have no justifiable need.

:|

"Plays like butter" = you have to wash your hands after playing it.