Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash No.12, Saturday 29th September 2018!

Hamster

1 minute ago, TheGreek said:

As my drummer friend, Eric, says...."Everything is nice...more is better".

I think I've met a fair few drummers with that attitude. So, I have a Fodera Monarch 4 and a Sandberg Cali 5 that I can bring (I've got '94 Stingray if that is interesting?). LOADs of pedals and a pair of TC combo amps? 

2 hours ago, OutSpoon said:

I think I've met a fair few drummers with that attitude. So, I have a Fodera Monarch 4 and a Sandberg Cali 5 that I can bring (I've got '94 Stingray if that is interesting?). LOADs of pedals and a pair of TC combo amps? 

Perfect; you'd better start loading up the car now! 😁

• Haha 1

Will be along. 

1) Cetera - Spector NS2 & Legend 4X, Dingwall NG2, Epiphone Vintage Pro Thunderbird, Yamaha BB3000, GK800RB head, Genz Benz Neox212 cab, Tech-21 Dug DP3X preamp/pedal

2) Ezbass - Maruszczyk Elwood L 4 string fretted (J pickups), Maruszczyk Elwood L 4 string fretless (MM pickup), Rickenbacker 4003s, Rob Allen MB2 fretless, Phil Jones Flightcase + PB300

3) Happy Jack - AliKat DB #004, Mike Lull 54P, all I need to play a doubling gig (that evening) on those two instruments

4) BlueJay - Eminence Upright (left-handed), loads of camera equipment

5) obbm - TBA 

6) Nancy Johnson (Paul) - The Big One, rack (GED/poweramp), possibly the dUg DP3x.  A bass.

7) MacDaddy - Shuker bass(es), Snapdragon Folding bass, Flattley Bass Poison Ivy.

8 ) prowla (Paul) - Maybe a Ric or two and fakers, maybe a couple of Statii, maybe J- & P-basses. Probably a Markbass amp & cab and a pedalboard with some FX.

9) Stingray5 - Old faithful Stingray5; Tune SWV4-BB bass; Eden EC180 1x15 combo. (I also have a gig that evening so may leave the Eden in the car but happy to bring it in if anyone asks).

10) TrevorR - Wal Pro II E, Wal Mk 1 Custom,  Aria SB700, MarkBass LMII and Traveler 2x10, pedalboard.

11) TheGreek - Mesa M Pulse 600 head/ Powerhouse 1x15 cab and The Psilos bass built by Andyjr1515

12) JapanAxe (Graeme) - most of the stuff in my signature!

13) Wolverinebass (Andy) - Maybe some Wounded Paw effects/signature preamp and a bass. 

14) Frank Blank (Frankè Blanké) Rob Allen Mouse, AER Basic Performer, Fender Modern Player with modded fretless neck, Ibanez SRC6/SR500, cake.

Complete Attendees List

1) Cetera - Spector NS2 & Legend 4X, Dingwall NG2, Epiphone Vintage Pro Thunderbird, Yamaha BB3000, GK800RB head, Genz Benz Neox212 cab, Tech-21 Dug DP3X preamp/pedal

2) Ezbass - Maruszczyk Elwood L 4 string fretted (J pickups), Maruszczyk Elwood L 4 string fretless (MM pickup), Rickenbacker 4003s, Rob Allen MB2 fretless, Phil Jones Flightcase + PB300

3) Happy Jack - AliKat DB #004, Mike Lull 54P, all I need to play a doubling gig (that evening) on those two instruments

5) obbm - Fender Precisions, Sadowsky HPJ, Bergantino NV115, Handbox WB100 and if room Quilter BB800 + BF One10 + Nate Mendel for sale/trade 

6) Nancy Johnson (Paul) - The Big One, rack (GED/poweramp), possibly the dUg DP3x.  A bass.

7) MacDaddy - Shuker bass(es), Snapdragon Folding bass, Flattley Bass Poison Ivy.

8 ) prowla (Paul) - Maybe a Ric or two and fakers, maybe a couple of Statii, maybe J- & P-basses. Probably a Markbass amp & cab and a pedalboard with some FX.

9) Stingray5 - Old faithful Stingray5; Tune SWV4-BB bass; Eden EC180 1x15 combo. (I also have a gig that evening so may leave the Eden in the car but happy to bring it in if anyone asks).

10) TrevorR - Wal Pro II E, Wal Mk 1 Custom,  Aria SB700, MarkBass LMII and Traveler 2x10, pedalboard.

11) TheGreek - Mesa M Pulse 600 head/ Powerhouse 1x15 cab and The Psilos bass built by Andyjr1515

13) Wolverinebass (Andy) - Maybe some Wounded Paw effects/signature preamp and a bass.

14) Silverfoxnik (Nik) - Roscoe Beck 5, Gibson Thunderbird, BC Rich Eagle, plus my Ampeg V4BH Rig

15) Paul The Drums of the Junkyard Dogs, with kit.

16) Frank Blank (Frankè Blanké) Rob Allen Mouse, AER Basic Performer, Fender Modern Player with modded fretless neck, Ibanez SRC6/SR500, cake.

Edited by Silvia Bluejay

Missed last year’s bash so will try my best to pop by this year!

1) Cetera - Spector NS2 & Legend 4X, Dingwall NG2, Epiphone Vintage Pro Thunderbird, Yamaha BB3000, GK800RB head, Genz Benz Neox212 cab, Tech-21 Dug DP3X preamp/pedal

5) obbm - Fender Precisions, Sadowsky HPJ, Bergantino NV115, Handbox WB100 and if room Quilter BB800 + BF One10 + Nate Mendel for sale/trade 

14) Silverfoxnik (Nik) - Roscoe Beck 5, Gibson Thunderbird, BC Rich Eagle, plus my Ampeg V4BH Rig

16) Frank Blank (Frankè Blanké) Rob Allen Mouse, AER Basic Performer, Fender Modern Player with modded fretless neck, Ibanez SRC6/SR500, cake.

17) Ordep - Noble Preamp, Modulus Jazz, Fodera Monarch New Std, Amp, pedalboard depending on the day’s mood. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, OutSpoon said:

Do I need to bring amps and basses? Everything?

Don't have to. There tends to be a big "show and tell room" where folks can set up their rig for others to have a look at and (with permission) have a try out. One of the nicest things about the Bash, chatting with others about their gear, maybe having a quick noodle on a bass you've always wondered about, oogling the instruments and amps, going "WTF" in a good way about some of the self-builds that Basschatters have brought along (don't miss the Psilos bass which @The Greek is bringing... an absolute think of wonder and a great build story by our very own @Andyjr1515 ).

But if you can bring then do - there's no snob factor about the gear either. In fact, a couple of years ago my highlight was finally being able to try out a Sire Marcus Miller Jazz to see what they're like and comparing some Squier and MIM Fenders. Fair enough, last year's highlight was oogling the Psilos and a couple of other totally insane(ly brilliant but still insane) project builds from @orangefriday.

If you want a flavour of what to expect have a look at the blogs that @Silvia Bluejaywrites each year. https://silviabluejay.blog/2017/12/08/basschat-se-bash-2017/

Best day of the year!

• Like 2

Hi All

I haven't committed to get to this yet (LOVED last year's for anyone who is teetering on 'do I, don't I') because our eldest daughter is due to make me a grandad not long before - in Aberdeen! 

Depending on timing - shockingly, I am told that birth prediction dates take not a blind bit of notice of Bassbash schedules, although I'm a little disappointed that our son-in-law didn't think to check the calendar before he let his eye twinkle - we might be in Scotland. 

But if I can make it, I will make it :)

Andy

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Andyjr1515 said:

Hi All

I haven't committed to get to this yet (LOVED last year's for anyone who is teetering on 'do I, don't I') because our eldest daughter is due to make me a grandad not long before - in Aberdeen! 

Depending on timing - shockingly, I am told that birth prediction dates take not a blind bit of notice of Bassbash schedules, although I'm a little disappointed that our son-in-law didn't think to check the calendar before he let his eye twinkle - we might be in Scotland. 

But if I can make it, I will make it :)

Andy

For goodness sake, Andy. Get yer priorities right! ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TrevorR said:

For goodness sake, Andy. Get yer their priorities right! ;)

Fixed it for you.

Be good to see you again Andy. Any thoughts on a bass shaped cot for the little person?? No reason why they can't get into Bass early...

Edited by TheGreek
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Graham said:

Don't worry, first children are normally late 😁

I'm expecting (forgive the pun) that...and it is if it's late that the dates will clash!

As I say, if only the son-in-law had restrained himself for a week or so, all of this unnecessary inconvenience could have been avoided!

Please could you let me know what time the doors open and close. 

I’m off to see a band that evening but would like to squeeze in a visit!

Hoping to get one of the short scale things and one of the semi- hollow basses in a playable state for the bash but will be tight.

18 minutes ago, Jabba_the_gut said:

Please could you let me know what time the doors open and close. 

I’m off to see a band that evening but would like to squeeze in a visit!

Hoping to get one of the short scale things and one of the semi- hollow basses in a playable state for the bash but will be tight.

Any chance you'll be able to bring your brilliant basses along again? I was blown away by them last time and since I've built one myself, I'll probably have 101 excited questions. :)

1) Cetera - Spector NS2 & Legend 4X, Dingwall NG2, Epiphone Vintage Pro Thunderbird, Yamaha BB3000, GK800RB head, Genz Benz Neox212 cab, Tech-21 Dug DP3X preamp/pedal

16) Frank Blank (Frankè Blanké) Rob Allen Mouse, AER Basic Performer, Fender Modern Player with modded fretless neck, Ibanez SRC6/SR500, cake.

17) Ordep - Noble Preamp, Modulus Jazz, Fodera Monarch New Std, Amp, pedalboard depending on the day’s mood. 

18) ChunkyMunky - Yamaha BB1025X, SWR Redhead combo

13 hours ago, ChunkyMunky said:

Any chance you'll be able to bring your brilliant basses along again? I was blown away by them last time and since I've built one myself, I'll probably have 101 excited questions. :)

Cheers @ChunkyMunky for the comment - much appreciated. If the timing is right i’ll bring a few of my own builds along. Be very interested to see what you’ve built and to have a chat. Cheers, Jez

Edited by Jabba_the_gut
  • Like 1