Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash No.12, Saturday 29th September 2018!

Hamster

Hey Silvia

Is there anything that you particularly wanted as an early Xmas Pressie???

Sounds like Gary and Paul would like to put you on their Xmas list. :santa2:

5 hours ago, mangotango said:

For some reason I always end up sounding like me and not Jaco,

I'm sure that he tried his best to sound like you...your a one of a kind...🙄🙄

On 29/09/2018 at 18:33, Graemeross said:

If anyone is interested, Richard's band Corduroy are playing in Guildford on the 26th October at the start of their tour.  Well worth seeing if you get a chance -  https://www.seetickets.com/event/30-years-of-acid-jazz-corduroy-eddie-piller/suburbs-guildford/1250971  

Cheers :)

Bought my tickets yesterday, thanks for the heads up! Anyone else gonna be there? I can annoy the wife and leave her whilst we all talk bass 😎

2 minutes ago, Merton said:

Bought my tickets yesterday, thanks for the heads up! Anyone else gonna be there? I can annoy the wife and leave her whilst we all talk bass 😎

Haven't bought my tkt yet - but I'm intending to be there! :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Hey Silvia

Is there anything that you particularly wanted as an early Xmas Pressie???

Sounds like Gary and Paul would like to put you on their Xmas list. :santa2:

I'm sure that he tried his best to sound like you...your a one of a kind...🙄🙄

Yep...unfortunately.  Being one of that kind has always been my downfall    :scratch_one-s_head:

• Haha 1

Thanks for all your work Silvia and to everyone else involved in organising this event. I've got to say thanks again to everyone for the positive feedback I got for my basses. I was quite overwhelmed especially for the comments I got in the blind test in which, for info, I scored 1 and that wasn't my own bass.....

See you all again next year!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

The long-awaited blog is finally HERE! :)

Fantastic blog (as usual)! Brought it all flooding back.

Great idea to be using some of Richard's talk for the next podcast. He was so entertaining.

Disappointed at the poor quality of your photography this time though. The photos of Jack are fine, but those ones of that bloke in the blue shirt with the camera strapped around his neck. I remember him being much more handsome in person! Shame about the photos of Paul too, there are some subjects who are too much of a challenge even for the greatest photographers! 😂 

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

The long-awaited blog is finally HERE! :)

Thanks yet again Silvia,

A brilliant blog and some great photos of a great day..

Not sure what Trevor's complaining about regarding the photos though - he's obviously missed the second one you put up of me where I look like I'm trying to play bass after a triple dose of diazepam! 😁

Anyway, thanks again for putting this together - it really brings back just how fantastic  some of the gear was at this Bash and what a good day it was.

And as you say, here's to next year's Bash!😊

Nik

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, prowla said:

Great photos - I head a great day out, but I also missed a heck of a lot!

Likewise. I completely forgot to try out the Roscoe Beck V, despite saying I would earlier in the day (possibly sensory overload, but more likely a senior moment). I had a watch of the videos and I think they convey a pretty accurate aural account of what we heard in the hall (don't you just hate it when you hear your own voice?). Top work Silvia (as always), thank you for making the effort to take the pics and record the videos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There really were some lovely basses at the Bash this year. He Mouse was stupidly good, as everyone has said but the one that most smacked my gob and made me fall a little bit in love (OK a big bit) was one of @cetera‘s Spectors. This finish to be precise. 

NB no photoshop involved, just a very slight change in camera angle... get a load of this if you missed it...

80BE1B80-CA91-4A83-943D-54335CDF7607.thumb.jpeg.b9d62cd417cd2f275613fe3b957e228b.jpeg

1DB14DB4-1F62-4D1B-B8B2-406A21722CC5.thumb.jpeg.78808a01c6a025fff89bb71fbf5128ee.jpeg

71878CBF-3B4C-4F2B-9C00-C8B2956A09FA.thumb.jpeg.c99b8b7e08c9662d9c9fa6e8130f2a78.jpeg

D21AEE76-23E1-45A5-8B6B-DF15D307929B.thumb.jpeg.ed61b9fee4478582e708d404a6f679b8.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, TrevorR said:

There really were some lovely basses at the Bash this year. He Mouse was stupidly good, as everyone has said but the one that most smacked my gob and made me fall a little bit in love (OK a big bit) was one of @cetera‘s Spectors. This finish to be precise. 

NB no photoshop involved, just a very slight change in camera angle... get a load of this if you missed it...

Cheers Trev! It's a beauty indeed...... and I've had it upgraded with active EMG DC pickups and an EMG-BT 18v circuit.... I've created a monster! lol!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1