Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash No.12, Saturday 29th September 2018!

Hamster

8 hours ago, Wolverinebass said:

No. Saxophones sound like a dying seal being squished into a milk bottle.

You've hurt it's feelings...says it doesn't want to come now...😪😪

No interest in the TE audio cabs so I'll be leaving them home too...handy really as I'll be bringing one of Marco's Elwray basses for others to test.

Edited by TheGreek

FYI,  Marco has packed the bass and is sending it to me this week. I'll be bringing it to the SE Bash.

I'm negotiating with Nik, Colin and Silvia to set it up through my Mesa rig with one of Silvia's video (is it still "video"??) cameras during times when there are no seminars on. You'll be more than welcome to test the bass but Marco would appreciate some photos and feedback. Not too much to ask. We'll be starting a thread after the event.

I'd appreciate some input into how to manage the queue - possibly on a "Take a ticket" basis at the Bash. Grangur will be collecting the bass from me a couple of days after the event and will be passing it to GaryMac. I've added a doc below to get us started (sorry, no idea why the panels are such a stupid size. If you can edit the whole doc to something more sensible, please do). Please copy and paste your details

Elwray Bass pass around

BC User name

Name

Date received

Passed to

TheGreek

Mick Tomazou

Hatfield, Herts

Edited by TheGreek

40 minutes ago, Captain Bassman said:

Never made a SE Bash due to other commitments but trying to figure out if I can possibly wangle my way to this one.

Looks like it’s going to be really well supported and a very interesting line up.

Let me know if I should add you to the list (or you can add yourself once you know whether you're going to attend). :)

Updated Gear For Sale List:

01. Mesa Boogie Big Block 750 Amp, Footswitch & Rack Case, £550 o.n.o. - Silverfoxnik

02. Schecter Diamond P5, 5 String Bass & Gig Bag, £350 o.n.o. - Silverfoxnik

03. Behringer 5 Band parametric 19" Rack Unit, £25 - Silverfoxnik

04. Fender Nate Mendel Precision, £575 - obbm

05. USA built 4 string in a 'glo' finish, £1300 - ezbass

06. EBS Compressor, Chorus & Octave, Dr Green Bass reverb & Joyo D-Seed echo and a small Pedaltrain board & bag (Mini I think), £TBA - WalMan

07. Mesa MPulse 600 (flight-cased) and a Mesa Powerhouse 1x15 cab (+ authentic Mesa cover) - £750 the pair - TheGreek

08. 3 Pin (female) DI plugs - The Greek

09. Hipshot Bridge, £30 - obbm

10. New Chinese Rosewood/Maple Jazz neck, £35 - obbm 

11. Fender Jazz (Mex), in a very fetching blue, strung with flats - £450

12. Harley Benton Progressive 5 Fretless - £100

• Like 1

Seriously gutted, it looks like I won't be able to make it to the bash as I've now been told we need to be set up earlier for my gig than originally informed. (It's a hotel/private function do). Bah, humbug!!! 😞
Have a great day, all. Hopefully see you at the next one.

• Sad 2

On 14/09/2018 at 17:15, Silvia Bluejay said:

Attendee list

1) Cetera - Spector NS2 & Legend 4X, Dingwall NG2, Epiphone Vintage Pro Thunderbird, Yamaha BB3000, GK800RB head, Genz Benz Neox212 cab, Tech-21 Dug DP3X preamp/pedal

2) Ezbass - Maruszczyk Elwood L 4 string fretted (J pickups), Maruszczyk Elwood L 4 string fretless (MM pickup), Rickenbacker 4003s, Rob Allen MB2 fretless, Phil Jones Flightcase + PB300

3) Happy Jack - AliKat DB #004, Mike Lull 54P, all I need to play a doubling gig (that evening) on those two instruments

4) BlueJay - Eminence Upright (left-handed), loads of camera equipment

5) obbm - Fender Precisions, Sadowsky HPJ, Bergantino NV115, Handbox WB100 and if room Quilter BB800 + BF One10 + Nate Mendel for sale/trade 

6) Nancy Johnson (Paul) - The Big One, rack (GED/poweramp), possibly the dUg DP3x.  A bass.

7) MacDaddy - Shuker bass(es), Snapdragon Folding bass, Flattley Bass Poison Ivy.

8 ) prowla (Paul) - Maybe a Ric or two and fakers, maybe a couple of Statii, maybe J- & P-basses. Probably a Markbass amp & cab and a pedalboard with some FX.

9) Stingray5 - Old faithful Stingray5; Tune SWV4-BB bass; Eden EC180 1x15 combo. (I also have a gig that evening so may leave the Eden in the car but happy to bring it in if anyone asks).

10) TrevorR - Wal Pro II E, Wal Mk 1 Custom,  Aria SB700, MarkBass LMII and Traveler 2x10, pedalboard.

11) TheGreek - Mesa M Pulse 600 head/ Powerhouse 1x15 cab and The Psilos bass built by Andyjr1515

12) JapanAxe (Graeme) - most of the stuff in my signature!

13) Wolverinebass (Andy) - Maybe some Wounded Paw effects/signature preamp and a bass.

14) Silverfoxnik (Nik) - Roscoe Beck 5, Gibson Thunderbird, BC Rich Eagle, plus my Ampeg V4BH Rig

15) Paul The Drums of the Junkyard Dogs, with kit.

16) Frank Blank (Frankè Blanké) Rob Allen Mouse, AER Basic Performer, Fender Modern Player with modded fretless neck, Ibanez SRC6/SR500, cake.

17) Ordep - Noble Preamp, Modulus Jazz, Fodera Monarch New Std, Amp, pedalboard depending on the day’s mood. 

18) ChunkyMunky - Yamaha BB1025X, SWR Redhead combo 

19) Jabba the Gut - TC Electronic RH450, RS112 and some own build basses

20) Thestick - Vanderkley cabs, Aguilar ag700 head, selection of basses

21) Mr & Mrs Hamster - Tea, coffee & cake! Might bring a couple of basses too :)

22) bassace - usual double basses etc.

23) OutSpoon (Steve) - Fodera Monarch Standard Classic, Sandberg California VS5, Maybe a '94 Stingray? TC 208 combo or PJ Double4?

24) Walman - BF Super12T, FPPR Status S1 (yes that one :) ), Genz Benz Streamliner, Helix Floor, and a load of EBS pedals for sale

25) musicbassman - planning to come, sorry I've nothing of great interest to bring with me, just some respect for all you guys bringing your treasured possessions to display.

26) Kebabkid - Sire Marcus Miller V7 (4 string), Roland Bass Cube 120XL, Zoom B3 & EBS Octabass

27) Graham (still tentative at the moment) - Lakland DJ5, G&L USA SB2, Yamaha TRB1005J, EBS HD350, EBS Neo 2x12, EBS Microbass II, EHX Big Muff Bass Deluxe, Joyo Orange Juice

28) NickD - Maruszczyk Jake 5P+,  Maruszczyk Elwood L5A, Markbass 121H, Zoom B3, Bass Soul Food, EHX Freeze, Mooer Tender Octaver, Ebow.

29) Rodfunnell - Darkglass Microtubes 900 head, Barefaced Big Twin T, BB2, Super Compact, Warwick Corvette $$, Streamer $$, The Alien; Various pedals including MXR, AudioSource (inc a Hothand) and a couple of Darkglass bits and  Phil Jones EarBox

I'll be there to support Paul (Nancy Johnson) in the bass shootout with my Sire V7, USA Jazz Deluxe and USA Precision.  I noticed the SB700 on the list - I have an SB1000 I could bring along.  Also an early '80s Tokai Hardpuncher with flats.  I'll speak to Paul.  Cheers :)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Stingray5 said:

Seriously gutted, it looks like I won't be able to make it to the bash as I've now been told we need to be set up earlier for my gig than originally informed. (It's a hotel/private function do). Bah, humbug!!! 😞
Have a great day, all. Hopefully see you at the next one.

Does that mean that you can now get to my gig in the afternoon? xD

• Like 1