Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash No.12, Saturday 29th September 2018!

Hamster

37 minutes ago, cetera said:

I shall play 3 or 4 easy and recognizable bass riffs..... that is all! 😂

You should really be blindfolded too, to reduce unconcious bias......how recognisable that will make the bass riffs is unclear 😆

• Haha 2

On 04/09/2018 at 09:36, NancyJohnson said:

If anyone would like to submit their basses to the 12.30pm Blind Lemon Rooster Tone Test, could you just shoot me a PM before the 29th as I need to prepare sheets for people to put Xs in boxes.  Please bring a guitar stand.

Ideally, I'd like to limit this to ten or twelve basses, otherwise it might drag; I don't feel we need to duplicate basses...for instance, there's no need to blind test five Fender Jazz basses, so one will do, but it would be fun to have a Sire P and J as well.  Let me know what you have and what you're happy for <insert basschat member's name here> to dent play on the day.

In my head I figure it would be useful to play a four short pieces on each bass with everything full on/open, fingers/pick, clean and then with a bit of dirt (GED2112).  Maybe two or three minutes per bass tops.  Vote and move along.  We can mark each others papers when we're done.

Paul/NJ

What are you looking for? Apart from my Spectors, the most "normal" bass I have is an Overwater Custom Jazz. Happy to bring along something a bit different.

https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/122908-a-few-of-thegreeks/?page=2

On 04/09/2018 at 09:36, NancyJohnson said:

If anyone would like to submit their basses to the 12.30pm Blind Lemon Rooster Tone Test, could you just shoot me a PM before the 29th as I need to prepare sheets for people to put Xs in boxes.  Please bring a guitar stand.

Ideally, I'd like to limit this to ten or twelve basses, otherwise it might drag; I don't feel we need to duplicate basses...for instance, there's no need to blind test five Fender Jazz basses, so one will do, but it would be fun to have a Sire P and J as well.  Let me know what you have and what you're happy for <insert basschat member's name here> to dent play on the day.

In my head I figure it would be useful to play a four short pieces on each bass with everything full on/open, fingers/pick, clean and then with a bit of dirt (GED2112).  Maybe two or three minutes per bass tops.  Vote and move along.  We can mark each others papers when we're done.

Paul/NJ

Paul,

Happy to include any my Gibson Thunderbird, BC Rich Eagle or Roscoe Beck V to the test..

Nik

On 04/09/2018 at 23:22, WalMan said:

I'll start the raffle rolling with the EHX Mini Qtron I won a couple of years ago but have never found a use for

OK Folks, here's the Raffle prizes list. Please add anything to it that you're happy to donate to the cause - basses, amps, books, leads, FX, stroppy kids, annoying neighbours etc...

1. EHX Mini QTron - Walman

2. Set of strings - Silverfoxnik

3. Couple of Bass tuition books - Silverfoxnik

Thanks ☺

Nik

OK, just an update on the bass shootout, confirmed I have:
Gibson Thundrbird IV
Rickenbacker 4003
Spector NS2
Epiphone Thunderbird (one of the new ones)
Mike Lull JAXT4

I have a provisional nod from a mate who is attending (who doesn't post here) that he'll make a Fender Precision, a Fender Jazz and a Sire of some sort available.  I'll bring along some other stuff.  It would be nice to have a couple of Warwicks, a Stingray, a Wal perhaps. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, silverfoxnik said:

Might be useful to have a Gear for Sale list too.

Anyone planning on bringing anything to sell?

Yup. A load of pedals - EBS Compressor, Chorus & Octave, Dr Green Bass reverb & Joyo D-Seed echo and a small Pedaltrain board & bag (Mini I think)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

OK, just an update on the bass shootout, confirmed I have:
Gibson Thundrbird IV
Rickenbacker 4003
Spector NS2
Epiphone Thunderbird (one of the new ones)
Mike Lull JAXT4

I have a provisional nod from a mate who is attending (who doesn't post here) that he'll make a Fender Precision, a Fender Jazz and a Sire of some sort available.  I'll bring along some other stuff.  It would be nice to have a couple of Warwicks, a Stingray, a Wal perhaps. 

One Wal from me, ready and willing! Or two, if you fancy... (1985 Mk 1 Custom + 1979 Pro IIE)

...and an Aria SB (700 not 1000) but still an 80s classic.

Edited by TrevorR
  • Like 1

On 04/09/2018 at 09:50, Silvia Bluejay said:

Thank you Nik and Paul! I will create and share the PDF asap. Anyone bringing a guitar for the jam room?

I could bring along a HB Tele which Gary Mac modded for me with a Bigsby. I've only used it for about an hour - I'd be happy to get the opinions of other on it.

On 06/09/2018 at 08:28, silverfoxnik said:

OK Folks, here's the Raffle prizes list. Please add anything to it that you're happy to donate to the cause - basses, amps, books, leads, FX, stroppy kids, annoying neighbours etc...

1. EHX Mini QTron - Walman

2. Set of strings - Silverfoxnik

3. Couple of Bass tuition books - Silverfoxnik

Thanks ☺

Nik

Any more contributions to the Raffle greatly appreciated Folks... :)