Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash No.12, Saturday 29th September 2018!

Hamster

1 hour ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

Attendee list

1) Cetera - Spector NS2 & Legend 4X, Dingwall NG2, Epiphone Vintage Pro Thunderbird, Yamaha BB3000, GK800RB head, Genz Benz Neox212 cab, Tech-21 Dug DP3X preamp/pedal

2) Ezbass - Maruszczyk Elwood L 4 string fretted (J pickups), Maruszczyk Elwood L 4 string fretless (MM pickup), Rickenbacker 4003s, Rob Allen MB2 fretless, Phil Jones Flightcase + PB300

3) Happy Jack - AliKat DB #004, Mike Lull 54P, all I need to play a doubling gig (that evening) on those two instruments

4) BlueJay - Eminence Upright (left-handed), loads of camera equipment

5) obbm - Fender Precisions, Sadowsky HPJ, Bergantino NV115, Handbox WB100 and if room Quilter BB800 + BF One10 + Nate Mendel for sale/trade 

6) Nancy Johnson (Paul) - The Big One, rack (GED/poweramp), possibly the dUg DP3x.  A bass.

7) MacDaddy - Shuker bass(es), Snapdragon Folding bass, Flattley Bass Poison Ivy.

8 ) prowla (Paul) - Maybe a Ric or two and fakers, maybe a couple of Statii, maybe J- & P-basses. Probably a Markbass amp & cab and a pedalboard with some FX.

9) Stingray5 - Old faithful Stingray5; Tune SWV4-BB bass; Eden EC180 1x15 combo. (I also have a gig that evening so may leave the Eden in the car but happy to bring it in if anyone asks).

10) TrevorR - Wal Pro II E, Wal Mk 1 Custom,  Aria SB700, MarkBass LMII and Traveler 2x10, pedalboard.

11) TheGreek - Mesa M Pulse 600 head/ Powerhouse 1x15 cab and The Psilos bass built by Andyjr1515

12) JapanAxe (Graeme) - most of the stuff in my signature!

13) Wolverinebass (Andy) - Maybe some Wounded Paw effects/signature preamp and a bass.

14) Silverfoxnik (Nik) - Roscoe Beck 5, Gibson Thunderbird, BC Rich Eagle, plus my Ampeg V4BH Rig

15) Paul The Drums of the Junkyard Dogs, with kit.

16) Frank Blank (Frankè Blanké) Rob Allen Mouse, AER Basic Performer, Fender Modern Player with modded fretless neck, Ibanez SRC6/SR500, cake.

17) Ordep - Noble Preamp, Modulus Jazz, Fodera Monarch New Std, Amp, pedalboard depending on the day’s mood. 

18) ChunkyMunky - Yamaha BB1025X, SWR Redhead combo 

19) Jabba the Gut - TC Electronic RH450, RS112 and some own build basses

20) Thestick - Vanderkley cabs, Aguilar ag700 head, selection of basses

21) Mr & Mrs Hamster - Tea, coffee & cake! Might bring a couple of basses too :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Attendee list

1) Cetera - Spector NS2 & Legend 4X, Dingwall NG2, Epiphone Vintage Pro Thunderbird, Yamaha BB3000, GK800RB head, Genz Benz Neox212 cab, Tech-21 Dug DP3X preamp/pedal

2) Ezbass - Maruszczyk Elwood L 4 string fretted (J pickups), Maruszczyk Elwood L 4 string fretless (MM pickup), Rickenbacker 4003s, Rob Allen MB2 fretless, Phil Jones Flightcase + PB300

3) Happy Jack - AliKat DB #004, Mike Lull 54P, all I need to play a doubling gig (that evening) on those two instruments

5) obbm - Fender Precisions, Sadowsky HPJ, Bergantino NV115, Handbox WB100 and if room Quilter BB800 + BF One10 + Nate Mendel for sale/trade 

6) Nancy Johnson (Paul) - The Big One, rack (GED/poweramp), possibly the dUg DP3x.  A bass.

7) MacDaddy - Shuker bass(es), Snapdragon Folding bass, Flattley Bass Poison Ivy.

8 ) prowla (Paul) - Maybe a Ric or two and fakers, maybe a couple of Statii, maybe J- & P-basses. Probably a Markbass amp & cab and a pedalboard with some FX.

9) Stingray5 - Old faithful Stingray5; Tune SWV4-BB bass; Eden EC180 1x15 combo. (I also have a gig that evening so may leave the Eden in the car but happy to bring it in if anyone asks).

10) TrevorR - Wal Pro II E, Wal Mk 1 Custom,  Aria SB700, MarkBass LMII and Traveler 2x10, pedalboard.

11) TheGreek - Mesa M Pulse 600 head/ Powerhouse 1x15 cab and The Psilos bass built by Andyjr1515

13) Wolverinebass (Andy) - Maybe some Wounded Paw effects/signature preamp and a bass.

14) Silverfoxnik (Nik) - Roscoe Beck 5, Gibson Thunderbird, BC Rich Eagle, plus my Ampeg V4BH Rig

16) Frank Blank (Frankè Blanké) Rob Allen Mouse, AER Basic Performer, Fender Modern Player with modded fretless neck, Ibanez SRC6/SR500, cake.

17) Ordep - Noble Preamp, Modulus Jazz, Fodera Monarch New Std, Amp, pedalboard depending on the day’s mood. 

21) Mr & Mrs Hamster - Tea, coffee & cake! Might bring a couple of basses too :)

22) bassace - usual double basses etc.

17 hours ago, Jabba_the_gut said:

20) Steve (me) - Fodera Monarch Standard Classic, Sandberg California VS5, Maybe a '94 Stingray? TC 208 combo or PJ Double4?

Attendee list

23) OutSpoon (Steve) - Fodera Monarch Standard Classic, Sandberg California VS5, Maybe a '94 Stingray? TC 208 combo or PJ Double4?

• Like 1

Attendee list

15) Paul The Drums of the Junkyard Dogs, with kit.

21) Mr & Mrs Hamster - Tea, coffee & cake! Might bring a couple of basses too :)

23) OutSpoon (Steve) - Fodera Monarch Standard Classic, Sandberg California VS5, Maybe a '94 Stingray? TC 208 combo or PJ Double4?

24) Walman - TBA but a load of EBS pedals for sale

18 hours ago, WalMan said:

Attendee list

21) Mr & Mrs Hamster - Tea, coffee & cake! Might bring a couple of basses too :)

24) Walman - BF Super12T, FPPR Status S1 (yes that one :) ), Genz Benz Streamliner, Helix Floor, and a load of EBS pedals for sale

Just realised I have a gig in Southampton that night, so now updated. I could add in the McMillen 12Step and iPad from the prog rig, but probably not as I don't need it in the evening.

37488252_10157131700453274_1524925771917819904_n.jpg

Edited by WalMan

Attendee list

24) Walman - BF Super12T, FPPR Status S1 (yes that one :) ), Genz Benz Streamliner, Helix Floor, and a load of EBS pedals for sale

25) musicbassman - planning to come, sorry I've nothing of great interest to bring with me, just some respect for all you guys bringing your treasured possessions to display.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, musicbassman said:

25) musicbassman - planning to come, sorry I've nothing of great interest to bring with me, just some respect for all you guys bringing your treasured possessions to display.

You’d be surprised what is of interest. Last y ear I finally got to try out a Sire!  Bring some stuff anyway! :)

Edited by TrevorR

I'll be coming along.

Gear-wise, it'll be a little more than just a tad beyond entry level but all good, giggable stuff:-

Sire Marcus Miller V7 (4 string)

Roland Bass Cube 120XL

Zoom B3 & EBS Octabass

I'm looking forward to meeting and chatting with you good folk and would love to try an Aguilar rig and find an octave pedal that really suits me. To date, it's the Pearl OC-7. Anyone selling one and the Octabass might be up for sale on the day.

Cheers and I'll put the word out on the day. Is it open to non-Basschat folk? 

Cos

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kebabkid said:

I'll be coming along.

Gear-wise, it'll be a little more than just a tad beyond entry level but all good, giggable stuff:-

Roland Bass Cube 120XL

Zoom B3 & EBS Octabass

I'm looking forward to meeting and chatting with you good folk and would love to try an Aguilar rig and find an octave pedal that really suits me. To date, it's the Pearl OC-7. Anyone selling one and the Octabass might be up for sale on the day.

Cos

Certainly is, Cos... ☺

• Thanks 1

Attendee list

26) Kebabkid - Sire Marcus Miller V7 (4 string), Roland Bass Cube 120XL, Zoom B3 & EBS Octabass

2 hours ago, Kebabkid said:

I'll be coming along.

Roland Bass Cube 120XL

Zoom B3 & EBS Octabass

Cos

I'll try and remember to bring along my Agular Octamizer...

• Like 1

Just now, prowla said:

I'll try and remember to bring along my Agular Octamizer...

Cheers and that's one that's another I had on my list (tried OC-2, OC-3, Zoom B3 ones are pants, MXR isn't for me nor the Cogs). The Pearl OC-7 works for me and my mate has one but won't sell :(

My EBS is pretty good

5 hours ago, Kebabkid said:

Cheers and that's one that's another I had on my list (tried OC-2, OC-3, Zoom B3 ones are pants, MXR isn't for me nor the Cogs). The Pearl OC-7 works for me and my mate has one but won't sell :(

My EBS is pretty good

I tried MXR and Boss ones and the Aguilar beat them hands-down. It managed to keep the character of the note played in the octave too.

However, the issue with the Aguilar (and analogue ones generally, I think) is the tracking and how low a note you can play on the bass.

I do have a Markbass SuperSynth (aka SS), which has an octave function too.

I'd like to have a go with a POG; I had a brief go on one when I bought the SS and it seemed OK (but it regenerates the notes).

Attendee list

24) Walman - BF Super12T, FPPR Status S1 (yes that one :) ), Genz Benz Streamliner, Helix Floor, and a load of EBS pedals for sale

26) Kebabkid - Sire Marcus Miller V7 (4 string), Roland Bass Cube 120XL, Zoom B3 & EBS Octabass

27) Graham (still tentative at the moment) - Lakland DJ5, G&L USA SB2, Yamaha TRB1005J, EBS HD350, EBS Neo 2x12, EBS Microbass II, EHX Big Muff Bass Deluxe, Joyo Orange Juice

Hi Folks,

I think the phrase is 'better late than never', so without further ado, here are the programme details for the 12th Basschat South East Bass Bash!! 

Date: Saturday 29th September 2018
Time: 10am - 5pm
Entry: £10 (for the 12 year running - how's that fo value for money!)
Venue: Jubilee High School, Surrey, School Lane, Addlestone, Surrey KT15 1TE
Venue Link: Venue website
Map link: Streetmap link

Workshops/Guest Speakers/Guests etc: Please note that times may (and probably will) vary on the day... :)

12.30pm: Blind Bass Tone Test (led by Paul, a.k.k Nancy Johnson + glamorous assistants)

2pm - 3pm: Richard Searle, Workshop
With a great deal of tenacity & perseverance on the part of Gary, a.k.a. cetera, I'm really pleased to say that Richard Searle (bassist for Corduroy) has stepped up and will give a 45 minute talk on his career, gear choices, life on the road,  and - if we ask him nicely - may be kind enough to demonstrate a few tunes.... Here's a link to some more info about Richard: Richard Searle Wiki

3.30pm - 4pm: A very brief 'Test of the Heft' workshop - can we really tell or feel the difference between valve amps & Class D amps!(led by Silverfoxnik /chimike & anyone else who's interested...) - 

Other important info:
Room layout will be something along the lines of the last couple of years with the large Hall area as the space where you can all set up & compare (loudly) your own gear, the Theatre for Workshops, the Jam Room (as per usual led by the mighty Paul on drums) .... And in the Foyer will be the reception desk, Luthier Ian Robinson will be providing set ups (for a small fee of course), Refreshments, the Gear for Sale section and the Raffle Prizes table

Spaces:

• The Quiet Room and the Theatre for Workshops
  • The Jamming Room for jamming with drummers (and other strange non-bass playing people)
  • The Main Hall (where you can set up your gear and make some low frequency vibrations)
  • The Foyer - Refreshments, Luthier Ian Robinson will be on hand to do your set ups, Gear For Sale table & The Raffle

About Costs....Every year, it costs about £185 for the hire of the venue plus an amount for some public liability insurance cover therefore to cover those basic costs, we need to charge £10 per head entrance fee to one and all. As stated above, it's been £10 since the event started back in 2007, so it really is fantastic value for money!

Charities: We will donate all profits from the day to a worthy cause or two, probably in exactly the same way we did last year.

Refreshments will be available on the day for a small charge of course which will help increase the profits and keep everyone happy! Last year, as ever, Hamster & Mrs Hamster (a.k.a. Sarah) did all the work on that and have offered to do so again, so many thanks in advance to them!

How you can Help/Get Involved
What would be really helpful from everyone who's interested in participating on the day is:

1. Donations of raffle prizes[/font][/color]
2. Volunteers to help out on the day

Thanks to all those who've already said they're attending - it's much appreciated and we look forward to seeing as many more of you who want to come along on the day! 

The South East Bass Bash Team :)

• Like 3

If anyone would like to submit their basses to the 12.30pm Blind Lemon Rooster Tone Test, could you just shoot me a PM before the 29th as I need to prepare sheets for people to put Xs in boxes.  Please bring a guitar stand.

Ideally, I'd like to limit this to ten or twelve basses, otherwise it might drag; I don't feel we need to duplicate basses...for instance, there's no need to blind test five Fender Jazz basses, so one will do, but it would be fun to have a Sire P and J as well.  Let me know what you have and what you're happy for <insert basschat member's name here> to dent play on the day.

In my head I figure it would be useful to play a four short pieces on each bass with everything full on/open, fingers/pick, clean and then with a bit of dirt (GED2112).  Maybe two or three minutes per bass tops.  Vote and move along.  We can mark each others papers when we're done.

Paul/NJ

• Like 1