Why become a member? ×

Bass that Deb Googe plays these days

Romeo2

I went to see Thurston Moore Band earlier this month at 100 Club in London. What a superb gig that was. I stood very close to Deb Googe (previously of My Bloody Valentine fame) the bass player and was floored by how cool she plays, the sound was immense - but I couldn't figure out what the bass was:

I5a1359662b29b_TMBat100ClubAdamSz-12.thumb.jpg.7f8fdde33c3dd70fcd85d1839e6fc52e.jpg

So I thought I should ask over here, you know, one of those "What's this bass?" threads. Then I thought, nah, that's just lazy, let's see what I can find online.

Well no wonder I couldn't figure out what it was - turns out it's a completely custom one off creation for her. Now for those really interested look up synthpunk industries who also happen to be explaining how they created this beauty on t**kb**s under a thread 'Anybody recognise this bass (I am not sure if linking directly to that other forum is allowed on here so do your searches.)

Cool bass, fantastic player, really great band - catch them live if you can!

Edited by Romeo2

Hmm, I did not know of the First Act brand.

This one is definitely a custom one-off, apologies for linking to talkbass if it's not allowed, the builder explains how they arrived at this bass:

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/anybody-recognise-this-bass.1272146/

Strange as they don't seem to have a website or anything, I could only find a facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/SynthpunkIndustries/

Just to be clear: I have no affiliation with anyone involved with building this bass, I only came across them when trying to find out what Deb is playing.

Photo above is mine by the way, if anyone gigging in London wants black and white film photos taken - get in touch (I do this for fun, no business plan involved :D)