Why become a member? ×

Hello from a lurker

musgit

Hello, I've been lurking for a while and thought it was time to join.

I'm an electric bass player, based in Brighton, playing for many years, mainly jazz and that sort of thing.  

From my tone safari so far,  I play a Yamaha BB300 with flats through an acoustic image and Empress EQ.    I've made a couple of BFM cabs and also my new one, which a sealed one based on the  Beyma SM 212.  Lots of info nicked from here! It's all sounding good at the moment but I'm probably going to make some more sawdust soon making  a little sealed 1 x 10 for rehearsals.

17 hours ago, musgit said:

Hello, I've been lurking for a while and thought it was time to join.

I'm an electric bass player, based in Brighton, playing for many years, mainly jazz and that sort of thing.  

From my tone safari so far,  I play a Yamaha BB300 with flats through an acoustic image and Empress EQ.    I've made a couple of BFM cabs and also my new one, which a sealed one based on the  Beyma SM 212.  Lots of info nicked from here! It's all sounding good at the moment but I'm probably going to make some more sawdust soon making  a little sealed 1 x 10 for rehearsals.

It would definitely be interesting to see more about the BFM cabs :)

Hi and thanks for the welcome.   I'm pretty sure that the Empress EQ has cured my tone safari, but you never know......  

After a few years of persevering , my BFM cabs have been re-purposed. I made a Jack 112 with Deltalite and whatever I did I couldn't get it to sound any good.  Tried it with the piezo array and without. Then I made one of the Simplexx ones, which was better, but by then I'd been rehearsing with an Ampeg 8 x 10 and figured sealed was the way to go and the Deltalite wasn't for me.    Obviously my sealed 1 x 12 isn't as loud as the Ampeg, but it has a lot of the boingyness I was after and of course it's small.