Why become a member? ×

Passion vs Ability

Bluewine

2 hours ago, ivansc said:

Blue: Forgot to add the part about arriving at the French customs and immigration and getting out my passport.

Only I had my daughters by mistake!

They did let me in, but I had to get my wife to send mine via post and keep my fingers crossed that it arrived at the last place I was going in time for the trip back. 

I don't even have a passport. An example of not being prepared 

Blue

Edited by Bluewine

2 hours ago, Bluewine said:

Again, that's a different topic.

"Big time" was only pertaining to my passion.

This is about those that have a great passion to make a lfull time living from music and finds when given the opportunity they don't have the ability, they don't have what it takes.

It could even be the person that's passionate and fancies himself a music teacher and when given the opportunity finds out he's in reality an awful teacher not suited for that kind of work.

If you achieve your passion from being in the right place at the right time and knowing the right people means you have the ability, you have what it takes. IMO

Blue

No its not. Just stating you dont always need either passion or great ability to "Make it Big" and make a living out of music. A lot of big bands made it big by having great tunes. The lineup was pretty much a bunch of mates. You may be confusing Passion with desire.

1 hour ago, mikel said:

No its not. Just stating you dont always need either passion or great ability to "Make it Big" and make a living out of music. A lot of big bands made it big by having great tunes. The lineup was pretty much a bunch of mates. You may be confusing Passion with desire.

I disagree, those "bunch of mates" had what it took and the ability for that specific opportunity. If they didn't vthey wouldn't be there.

Blue