Why become a member? ×

Harley Benton/Palatino Bridge Dimensions

dazza14

Hello all, I'm looking for a replacement bridge for my Harley Benton eub but aside from an e-bay listing and a German website advertising a product as a straight replacement I can't find one anywhere so I thought I might get one of similar (larger) size and get the whittling tools out of Grandpa's shed and make my own.

So what I'm looking for is a short cut to the dimensions of the stock bridge to save me having to remove strings and start measuring.

So, does anybody have the dimensions for the stock bridge?

15 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

? ? ? Why would you need to take the strings off to measure it..? o.O

It's more to copy/draw around it if I can't get measurements.

I figure if I can't get a like-for-like my best bet is to simply copy it and the best way is to, basically, draw around it.

Ah, I see. Not just the dimensions, then. Would this work..? Find a piece of wood slightly higher than the bridge. Slacken the strings a little, just enough to (carefully...) slide this piece under (pivot it, then put it upright to support the strings...), then remove the bridge. Any mileage..?

22 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

Ah, I see. Not just the dimensions, then. Would this work..? Find a piece of wood slightly higher than the bridge. Slacken the strings a little, just enough to (carefully...) slide this piece under (pivot it, then put it upright to support the strings...), then remove the bridge. Any mileage..?

Thats not a bad idea, certainly quicker than a complete change.

Nice suggestion, thanks.