Why become a member? ×

Jazz bass kit build refinish

Jimothey

13 minutes ago, mickhardup said:

you must of read my thoughts, I thought it would look bute ford st orange with black hardware 

Great minds and all that!!

The colour I'm using is basically the same as Capri Orange but it's going to have the chequered pickguard 😀

9 hours ago, mickhardup said:

you must of read my thoughts, I thought it would look bute ford st orange with black hardware 

In days of yore, Ford salesmen were known for saying things along the lines of:  "You can have any colour you like as long as it's black."

What happened?

I blame those Tango ads* from the nineties.

*Contains traces of cordenite

42 minutes ago, fleabag said:

Gulf colour scheme would be ace

HGRhgQ5.jpg

4 hours ago, songofthewind said:

Go faster stripe? A nice sky blue would work.

I was considering doing the blue and orange that I was going to use on my conversion but I because I'm doing the chequered pickguard I'm going to do it just orange maybe I'll do it on a different project 😀

3 hours ago, SpondonBassed said:

I've always liked orange or strong yellow against black

OrangOnBlackTruck.png.43f3ae46d208ea29e5603bf4a07e6276.png

I like black.  Any highlight colour looks good against black.

I've got 1 more kit build planned (a warwick corvette copy) which I was thinking of doing yellow and black 😀

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SpondonBassed said:

Seeing it is much better than trying to visualise it.

It's not as bad as I thought it might be.  (Ducks for a moment.  Sees no blunt heavy objects incoming.  Proceeds)  Actually, it works well.

Thanks I think?? 

I know that most of my ideas aren't to everyone's tastes but you can't please everyone so I just do what I like!! 😁 

12 minutes ago, Jimothey said:

Thanks I think?? 

I know that most of my ideas aren't to everyone's tastes but you can't please everyone so I just do what I like!! 😁 

Please don't take my comment the wrong way.  I don't use smilies* but if I did, there would have been some sort of cute little cartoon face winking at you.

One of the reasons I enjoy your posts is because you see things the way you do. It is different from how I see them.  That's most definitely a good thing.  It's been said already and I agree;  you've put up an admirable number of projects in a relatively short space of time.  You have a style that is apparent throughout.

One of the things that makes musicians stand apart from the main stream is the willingness to see things from interesting points of view.

Yours is such a view.  Don't ever lose that my friend.

* Yes I know they're now called emojis but I am old school and my nurse hasn't arrived with my noon bedbath yet so I'm quite curmudgeonly about them right now.

36 minutes ago, SpondonBassed said:

Please don't take my comment the wrong way.  I don't use smilies* but if I did, there would have been some sort of cute little cartoon face winking at you.

One of the reasons I enjoy your posts is because you see things the way you do. It is different from how I see them.  That's most definitely a good thing.  It's been said already and I agree;  you've put up an admirable number of projects in a relatively short space of time.  You have a style that is apparent throughout.

One of the things that makes musicians stand apart from the main stream is the willingness to see things from interesting points of view.

Yours is such a view.  Don't ever lose that my friend.

* Yes I know they're now called emojis but I am old school and my nurse hasn't arrived with my noon bedbath yet so I'm quite curmudgeonly about them right now.

Don't worry mate I don't take offence to anything you say if everybody liked the same things life would be a very bland and boring place

Thanks for the nice comments aswell 

I never use emoji's (smilies ha ha!) anywhere else but on here as a couple of my earlier posts a few people took my sense of humour the wrong way so I started using them to stop any confusion

I do have a certain style that reflects in my builds/projects which suits my personality which is bold and brash, if I was selling the basses then I would probably would tone it down a bit unless that's what people wanted but because they are for me I can have fun with the colour schemes and as you've seen lots of times if I'm not happy with it I'll change it 👍

Edited by Jimothey
  • Like 1