Why become a member? ×

Tried not to ask this... home and practice amp

pburrows

I've tried not to post this question thinking I can work out an answer for myself but I'd love some opinions on this. 

I just swapped my Class D Streamliner 600 for a trace head. RA350SMX. Man, it sounds so sweet. I love it. But it's too big for using in the house. So I'm planning to spend approx £250 to get another compact amp to use in the house with my BF Super Compact. I may even be tempted to take this amp down to rehearsal and who knows perhaps a small gig! Btw I play in a hard rock 5 piece so LOUD. 

Main focus is home practice, nice to have rehearsal ability, and even better. Gig,back line. What's your thoughts guys. 

There's are amps by Ampeg, Rumble, TC and Markbass all at or near your budget in the first 2 pages of the Amps and Cabs for Sale section of the BC Classifieds.

Bass Direct has a brand new TE Elf which comes in at £250 and a used Hartke HA2500 for less than £200.

Why do you think it's too big ?

The Fun Prevention Officer says it's too big and wants it out of the lounge. In fairness it's inside a 4u flight case. So I want something nice and compact to use. I know all the usual suspects but wanted to hear your opinions if poss. 

Edited by pburrows