Why become a member? ×

Interesting FRFR story..

Bridgehouse

1 minute ago, stingrayPete1977 said:

Same here but with the 735s, the guitar out front sounds exactly as it does coming out of the guitar amp but louder and at head height which actually means lower stage volume and a clearer mix out front, the vocals just pop out on top of everything and sound fantastic, the xair mixer does a great vocal preamp mix paired with the RCF cabs. As I own the PA technically I will never need my big amp again for a big gig with pro PA support, I could take both 735s and a di box! :D

are you some kinda b*stard trying to kill rock n roll now? What about the dinosaurs?

Just now, stingrayPete1977 said:

Nope they'll be around for a while yet,  "how can something that can produce the entire range of frequencies from dub bass to the shortest strings of a harp possibly produce 'my sound', and how can it ruin the FOH mix like an Ampeg fridge?".

And dent the walls as you get it up the stairs to those flea pit tiny venues that hold ten people in an upstairs back room (where an Ampeg fridge is totally necessary)

• Haha 1

On 09/02/2018 at 10:41, danweb22 said:

Me! Running a QSC 12.2 on Default mode and using a Tech 21 Q Strip as my pre. Loud and clear! 

I think this is a configuration that I would be interested in - but that's only based on the fact that I have tried the Mackie 8" version which sounded great and I have reviewed the Q/Strip that I was blown away with. I expect these two together would be awesome, with the 12" driver instead. How have you been finding it so far?

Unfortunately the death of Rock n Roll has been slightly postponed. Having organised my week so I would be definitely working from home tomorrow when the RCF was due to be delivered, I've just received a call from Bax Shop telling me that due to an error my speaker won't be out for delivery tomorrow. 

Not happy...

10 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

Unfortunately the death of Rock n Roll has been slightly postponed. Having organised my week so I would be definitely working from home tomorrow when the RCF was due to be delivered, I've just received a call from Bax Shop telling me that due to an error my speaker won't be out for delivery tomorrow. 

Not happy...

I think there as Rock n Roll resistance member employed at Bax...

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, lemmywinks said:

I ordered the tote bag for the QSC on Friday from Bax Shop and it was scheduled for delivery tomorrow, however despite being a UK company they're shipping it from the Netherlands and it still hasn't left the country so I'm not particularly impressed either. 

They aren't a UK company despite them having a UK address - a bit like DV247 - they are based in Germany now. I suspect it some tax thing.

1 hour ago, dood said:

I think this is a configuration that I would be interested in - but that's only based on the fact that I have tried the Mackie 8" version which sounded great and I have reviewed the Q/Strip that I was blown away with. I expect these two together would be awesome, with the 12" driver instead. How have you been finding it so far?

It's seriously good, loads of volume on tap it seems. I run the speaker and the Q Strip at 0db (12 o'clock) and it's plenty loud in our 4 piece band with loud drummer. The Q Strip just makes eq'ing the room so much easier too

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

I ordered the tote bag for the QSC on Friday from Bax Shop and it was scheduled for delivery tomorrow, however despite being a UK company they're shipping it from the Netherlands and it still hasn't left the country so I'm not particularly impressed either. 

They were good enough to phone me up and apologise, but it was after 5 pm when they did, so too late for me to do anything constructive about re-arranging my time until next week.

If it wasn't for the fact that they are significantly cheaper on this item than everyone else I would have probably cancelled my order.

29 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

They were good enough to phone me up and apologise, but it was after 5 pm when they did, so too late for me to do anything constructive about re-arranging my time until next week.

If it wasn't for the fact that they are significantly cheaper on this item than everyone else I would have probably cancelled my order.

Is that because they are supplying the Mk3? Not that it's an issue - I'm on the Mk3 - theres nothing worthwhile about the Mk4 that would want me to change.