Why become a member? ×

Interesting FRFR story..

Bridgehouse

1 hour ago, Guest bassman7755 said:

Congrats on being the first person on my blocked list ever on this site. 

2nd thougts , Im reminded why I left here, im out

Hey Guest bassman, there’s no need to leave just because your views aren’t shared - it’s probably more dangerous out there in the wider world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, EBS_freak said:

Wow. That escalated quickly.

Yeah. Been a while since I’ve been on a thread on here with a bit of a troll - reminded me hoe much I don’t like it.

also - please for the love of all things good lets not have every thread knocking Barefaced. It gets boring. I find it depressing that as a bass playing community we will happily shell out lots to import various high end gear from the states - but for someone who’s home grown, who we’ve seen growing up so to speak and maybe know some of their flaws, we constantly keep knocking. Sure specific criticism like stevie was questioning the level of flat response etc, but less of the general negativity..... please 

• Like 1

I think it’s a bit unfair to single out Barefaced as a singular reference point of being on the receiving end of something. Rickenbacker, Keytars, Bros, ACS (in the inears thread) are some of the things things that have come to mind without too much thought - as things that have been brought up in not the most positive light.

With regard to products... Just because something is home grown shouldn’t or doesn’t grant immunity to public comment, especially if money for goods is expected to change hands. I for one, think it’s very important that things like this are not censored.

It should be also pointed out, that it’s clearly a barefaced fan that brought barefaced up - and because the opinion didn’t go the way they intended, milk got spilt.

Cmon people, there’s enough vegan sausage rolls for everyone.

Edited by EBS_freak

Barefaced detractors usually feel compelled to voice their opinions after a healthy dose of BF evangelism from other posters, that's definitely the case here. This has been a gear thread free from brand fanboys for over 40 pages which is great, hopefully it can continue.

FWIW my opinions:

Barefaced - very good

Rickenbackers - horrible things

Keytars - everybody should own and gig one

ACS - no opinion

Bros - bloody love 'em

I’m offended that you think Rickenbackers are horrible. Please stand by as I become Guest EBS_Freak.

FWIW I thought the comments on barefaced were very balanced and the comments made are not without evidence to support such comments. So...?

Edited by EBS_freak
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, lemmywinks said:

Apparently 30% off as they're being discontinued, wonder how much they are or what Alex will replace them with. Would be interesting to see someone retrofit one into a BB2!

They sell at a few places for around £300 incl. VAT and delivery.

T

I was worried that this thread might have disintegrated then and although I’m not the OP this thread has completely revolutionised my approach to bass amplification and I’ve noticed it seems to attract folk from other forums or just random Googlers who are interested in this subject. I’d hate people to be put off by bickering when this is becoming a really valuable resource, phew.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CameronJ said:

That is a bloody good price. I paid £600 for my one, used!

I’m actually pretty tempted - the only thing that’s stopping me is that there are already several walkabout combos up for sale that don’t seem to be selling 😬 

Great thread. Lots of conversation about the onstage monitor angle. Not so much discussion about what preamp/di setup people are using? 

I am thinking minimal.....! I have Behringer BDI21 which is I suppose as minimal as there is....! 

Anyone just using HX Stomp? 

1 hour ago, roblpm said:

Great thread. Lots of conversation about the onstage monitor angle. Not so much discussion about what preamp/di setup people are using? 

I am thinking minimal.....! I have Behringer BDI21 which is I suppose as minimal as there is....! 

I have a Stomp but am yet to use it with my RCF as I’m on tour at the moment. I have no doubt it will sound lovely though. Previously I was using an MXR M81 which worked great.

2 hours ago, roblpm said:

I use a Fishman Platinum Pro pre at the moment but am considering a Grace Alix.

• Like 1