Why become a member? ×

I think I'm coming down with something...

FinnDave

So what's the diagnosis? Is there a cure? Is there medication?

I only enquire as having been asked by my wife, daughter and son what I'd like for Xmas ( and they're happy to club together in this) I've asked for a quality four slice toaster.

Edited by leschirons
Predictive text!

27 minutes ago, leschirons said:

So what's the diagnosis? Is there a cure? Is there medication?

I only enquire as having been asked by my wife, daughter and son what I'd like for Xmas ( and they're happy to club together in this) I've asked for a quality four slice toaster.

This is wose than we thought. Its spreading. xD

Happily I fall into the stereotypical tight arsed northerner profile so I'm pretty much allergic to shops. I see shops as being places where everyone there has been trained and encouraged to relieve me of more cash than I wanted to spend and are basically servants of the devil. I can't even remember the last time I went in a guitar shop but it'll be in years. I go into Morrisons late on  quite often to buy the fresh food on knockdown but usually end up in a fist fight with old ladies on mobility scooters to get to the corned beef slices. Just this past week one of my tenants ( I work in social housing) who , let's say , is differently motivated on the work front - def. not just a bone idle bastard scrounging off my taxes - actually took a crusty cob out of my basket and said 'these aren't for you...you're working'. True. How I laughed as I ignored the data protection act and shopped him for benefit fraud.

So - you want a cure for gas ...... move up north and spend your life sitting in the corner of a pub moaning about the fact that it's not 1930 anymore. You'll love the misery. I do.

• Like 1