Why become a member? ×

I think I'm coming down with something...

FinnDave

On 18/11/2017 at 20:54, FinnDave said:

I must be getting ill. I was in Oxford today with my wife and she asked if I wanted to drop in at the music shop (our rather splendid newly located PMT on the Cowley Road) and I said...no....I can't think of anything I need....even worse, I couldn't even think of anything I wanted, either!

I'm sure there must be a cure for something as serious as this, but what is it?

Go to the bike show instead. Your GAS may have been transposed.

2 hours ago, super al said:

Hey Dave has your wife got a younger sister? I think my wife actively avoids going anywhere near music shops! (I'm being cheeky and presumptuous about the age of your wife, I do apologise)

She's an only child...I won't comment on her age as she's watching me...but she's a good six months younger than I am!

• Like 1

Don't think its an illness you have. Good chance you have a chemical imbalance causing temporary insanity.

If it doesn't pass relatively soon i would suggest giving up playing bass and send all your bass gear up here to someone who would look after them and give them the care, love and attention they so rightly deserve.

Failing that we can offer the use of a white jacket that zips up the back if that helps. 

:D:D:D

Dave

• Thanks 1

Thanks, Dave, glad someone appreciates and understands the mental anguish this is causing. I'll get all my listed and offered at too-good-to-be-true prices and then, once my spare room is empty, hopefully the pleasing reassurance of GAS will return.

Your offer of a smart white jacket is noted and appreciated. My size is XL.

Edited by FinnDave
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Don't think its an illness you have....

Since nearly everybody I know suffers from some sort of GAS, be it fishing tackle, golf equipment, motorbikes, photographic stuff, SHOES AND HANDBAGS(!) I reckon that if you don't have some form of GAS there's something wrong with you....

14 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

Since nearly everybody I know suffers from some sort of GAS, be it fishing tackle, golf equipment, motorbikes, photographic stuff, SHOES AND HANDBAGS(!) I reckon that if you don't have some form of GAS there's something wrong with you....

I suspect it means you (probably temporarily) lack the rampant consumerism that is an essential part of society today.

7 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

I suspect it means you (probably temporarily) lack the rampant consumerism that is an essential part of society today.

So it's my duty as a responsible member of society to have GAS and purchase more gear???

Right, I'm off to the "For sale" thread..xDxD

Ever tried a ukulele bass? I got to the same state as you a couple of years ago, then bought a kala ubass for an acoustic duo i'm involved in and bingo!!! Got three now, and always get the centre of attention when we play? (much to the frustration of the singer/guitarist!).

Now having a go at making my own solid body ubass, so the world of components, tools and late nights in the shed with Planet Rock on the radio are now my addiction??

16 hours ago, FinnDave said:

No, I don't feel the need for anything new, that's the problem, the puzzling absence of GAS. I perfectly happy with what I've got for the first time in living memory! Be interesting to see how long this situation lasts...

Out of curiosity what gear are you currently using. ?