Why become a member? ×

Black Friday Deals

LeftyBiskit

On 22/11/2017 at 13:36, Al Krow said:

@XoSo thanks very much for your review. 'Tell it like it is, warts and all' feedback is always the most useful and definitely appreciated. But I'm kinda glad that @dannybuoy had found they had temporarily sold out before he managed to reach for his credit card! 

Btw - if you're after a quality drum machine you could do worse than checking out the Alesis SR16 (I have it's slightly bigger brother the SR18)

@Tonteee If you've got £50 burning a hole in your pocket how about one of these?! (And I think there's also one in the FS section going for even less). IMHO one the best 'value for money' drive pedals on the market today - going from warm valve break up to thick overdrive whilst retaining bottom end.

@LeftyBiskit  Hey, far worse things have been done under the influence!...:drinks:

I bought a mojomojo based on recommendation from here and I am not feeling the love. In particular it seems overly aggressive on the low strings, so if I set a nice overdriven sound on the E string I seem to get nothing on the G, if I set a tone I like on the G I get more like full on distortion on the E. My search for the perfect overdrive continues.......

14 hours ago, T-Bay said:

I bought a mojomojo based on recommendation from here and I am not feeling the love. In particular it seems overly aggressive on the low strings, so if I set a nice overdriven sound on the E string I seem to get nothing on the G, if I set a tone I like on the G I get more like full on distortion on the E. My search for the perfect overdrive continues.......

Perhaps a touch of compression before the mojomojo? might help, might not.

On 20/11/2017 at 15:59, Quatschmacher said:

Probably beyond most people’s reach but these pedals are great and have €120 off on Friday:

https://glou-glou.org/

Just seen that Olivier has 3 Rendez Vous pedals at €430 as they have a couple of little scratches. @CameronJ

I’m still dithering over which one to go for. Turns out the Avant Garde can be used as a normal phaser too if you turn the envelope sensitivity off and turn on the the LFO. However, the LFO range doesn’t go as slow as on the Rendez Vous, which is a shame as it’d be an easy choice otherwise. 

Edited by Quatschmacher

12 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

No one needs to feel bad about today’s purchases; I’ve just spent £450 on a pedal I’ve never played! (In fairness I’ve played its sibling pedal of which this is a small variation so I mostly know how it sounds and plays.) Picked up an Avant Garde.

@CameronJ, @tonyxtiger

You’re a braver man than I!

• 9 months later...
On 25/11/2017 at 10:35, floFC said:

The DigiTech Trio is back to £39.99 at Gear4Music (but on back order). They also have the Eden I90 Bass Chorus for £29, which seems cheap if you’re after a Chorus.

Looks like it was a genuine sale price - they are currently on sale for £199 at G4M!!

Did folk who bought theirs hold on to them and, if so, are they getting much use?

Any views on how the Trio compares to the cheaper SDrum?