Why become a member? ×

burnt out Mesa Walkabout - less than a tenner

TheGreek

Had my eye on this, with a view to swapping out the transformer into my US-spec Walkabout to convert it to UK voltage (currently using a step down transformer which kind of defeats the point of an ultra portable head)

- but no way for that kind of money, and maybe just as well as I'd have probably ended up with 2 dud amps instead of one bulky but working one......

23 hours ago, Shaggy said:

Had my eye on this, with a view to swapping out the transformer into my US-spec Walkabout to convert it to UK voltage (currently using a step down transformer which kind of defeats the point of an ultra portable head)

- but no way for that kind of money, and maybe just as well as I'd have probably ended up with 2 dud amps instead of one bulky but working one......

I only just saw this but thought the same - the transformer on my one has blown so the spare could be useful. 
BUT the repair guy I took mine too today said if the amplifier board has gone mesa send the whole board, FETs heatsink and all rather than replace one or two parts. (if mine has gone as well and the tranny then It will probably be uneconomical for me to repair)