Why become a member? ×

EBS Microbass

nord1

I've recently gone down this route, my amp is a HD350/Neo 2x12 which now only gets used on dep gigs where the PA/monitors aren't up to going DI only.

I'd say the Microbass II is a very good pre, it doesn't sound quite as good as having the amp beside you, but it does sound just as good into the PA as the DI from them amp does, so as far as the audience are concerned, they're still getting that lovely clear EBS tone and you don't have to carry an amp around.

You also have the advantage of a lower on-stage volume and a more balanced sound out- front.

Quite simply one of the finest out board pre amps in its price range available' ive used mine for years "Live" on my effects board' using both channels One clean' the other Driven' with quite different EQ's... it provides clear precise uncoloured tone' & a plethora of uses...It really does leave the opposition "bobbing in its wake"...on virtually all of its applications.

Edited by paulo m