Why become a member? ×

Filling switch holes

lownote

Hi  Just bought an Ibanez SRSC805 off Baggyman on here.  Very pleased overall, but Baggy replaced the electrics with a Glockenklang 3 band Preamp.  This means the active passive switch and MF switch holes are now empty.  Baggy's filled the holes quite neatly with black pencil rubbers.  Just wondered if anyone had a better solution for filling redundant control holes.  I can't use the original switches just to fill the holes without cutting them off the original loom, which I don't want to do.   

The best way would be to fill them with new switches.

If you want to fill them without switches then appropriately sized dowels would be the best filler material. It obviously won't be invisible, but you could dye the dowels to match to make it less obvious. The specs say Poplar burl....so - http://www.plugitdowel.co.uk/wood-products/wooden-dowels/poplar-dowelling

Edited by Manton Customs

i've just had this situation with a Les Paul G****r, i don't like the 2 volume 2 tone setup so i fitted a coil tap switch into one hole and a spent .38 cal cartridge into the other, it fitted pretty snugly and a bit of tape on the inside holds it in place nicely, i've got a pic somewhere if you want.

matt

IMG-20170816-WA0000.jpeg

Edited by Matt P
Found the pic on my phone