Why become a member? ×

***SOLD*** Fender / Shuker 70’s Precision - Rosewood / Natural
£500

Dood

So, I will regret this but as I’d mentioned in my basschat status pre-update, one or more of three basses have to go to because I can’t afford to cover bills and get a piece of equipment I need for my work.

Here we have a genuine Fender Japan non-export precision neck (which today would be known as an FSR equivalent) which is partnered with a Shuker premium Alder body. I specified a natural finish that looked like bare wood. It is rock solid but as a side effect is wonderfully resonant.

Hardware comes courtesy of Gotoh which naturally is the best I could get. The bass comes with two pickguards. An official Fender USA 3 ply with a ‘road worn’ finish and also a brown/red tortoise shell guard too also with a ‘weathered’ look.

The neck is wonderful and is a 70’s profile with a 40mm nut, so it’s a little wider than jazz but not as big as a precision. Perfect for smaller hands and those who don’t want chunky but do want the tone. Oh and I’m sorry, but these are finished to a much higher standard than a Mendel. Great edge and fretwork out of the box.

The Shuker body was made specifically for the bass and as you’d expect is flawless. If you want it done properly with the best woods it’s gonna cost ya but I will be offering this up at a substantial saving over buying new of course. Not surprisingly all the routes are lined so the cavities are protected from noise.

You’ll also get Dunlop strap buttons and a Fender Japan split coil pickup.

The bass plays very nicely though I’m yet to give it the time for a full set up. As with any bass you will want to do that at some point. So i’ve factored that in to the final price. I have tweaked the truss rod and it was stiff but the relief is spot on. (I like a fairly flat board!) Fret wear is practically zero. 

A 70’s P without the weight issues. I’ll be very sad to see this go and maybe one or two others too :/

Collection of course is always wise but shipping is possible but this will be the full responsibility of the buyer to arrange including insurance and tracking. (This will be very easy due to my work).

Photographs to come soon.

Edited by dood
Adding SOLD to title
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I had to remove this from sale as I discovered that the truss rod creaks. It doesn't affect the playability of the bass and the relief I have checked over the last month or so, hasn't moved at all. However, given that I am aware that this could be of a concern to a would-be buyer, I've had to take the decision to drop the price of the bass to £440 collected.